See you at this Saturday's CRFG meeting ?

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Oct 20 15:03:56 PDT 2000

Hi,
I met some of you last night at the Organic Gardening meeting in Santa
Barbara. It was great! My husband and I gleaned a ton of information! In
return I am sending you and invitation to the Santa Barbara/Ventura Chapter
of the State wide, non-profit, California Rare Fruit Growers organization.
Our next meeting is this Saturday, and then we will not meet again until the
third Saturday in January.

WHITE DOVE FARM in SANTA PAULA----
Our October meeting will be held on Saturday the 21st at 10 am at the White
Dove Farm, 15821 W. Santa Paula St. in Santa Paula.
Owner John Koman has taken what was 10 acres of essentially monoculture lemon
and avocado groves and will show us how he is transforming his property into
a vision of polyculture and sustainable farming!
John will show us how overhead sprinklers help reduce pest problems by
creating a 'rainforest' environment along with its benefits for foliar
nutrient spraying. He will also share how he has turned root rot problems
around in the 9 months in the avocado groves by proper composting and other
methods. We will see how he has gradually interplanted exotic fruits such as
bananas and guavas to gradually change over his operations and also used
marketable row crops such as watermelon and squash as ground covers.
As John is experimenting with his growing methods, he will be asking our
group for suggestions regarding how to be more organic , keep weeds down and
ideas for commericially viable alternative fruit trees to try.
The house is located at 15821 W. Santa Paula St., Between Pack and Briggs.
Meet at the barn. A sign "CRFG" will be there at the entrance.
Use 126 from Ventura, travel about 13 miles from 101 and 126 intersection to
Briggs, turn left.
W. Santa Paula St. is 2 stops down, turn right.
Last home on the left. Meet at the Barn---Drive in as far as possible.

Pismo Pet  PetMarv at aol.com

Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network
224 E. Figueroa St, #C