Nader Super-Rally at Long Beach Arena!!!

P. Racko pracko at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 24 22:58:43 PDT 2000

Dear Friends & Permies,

I am pleased to announce that Green Party presidential candidate
Ralph Nader is confirmed to appear at a Super Rally at the Long Beach Arena
on Friday, November 3rd at 8pm (doors open at 6pm).

Tickets are $15 and are most easily available for purchase via the Nader
2000 web site www.votenader.org, just follow the Super Rally link.

The Long Beach Arena is located at 300 E. Ocean Blvd @ Long Beach Blvd.
in Long Beach.

Additional speakers and celebrity appearances will be announced in the
near future.

Super Rally Hotline: We have set up a special line for Super Rally
Ticket sales and information... 323-257-2532  please refer the general
public to that number or to the website for information.

Volunteers: We will require approximately 125 solid volunteers to make
the event a success.
People who are interested in volunteering should email us the names and
contact information (name/address/phone/email) of all volunteers to
infosocal at cal.votenader.org

Non-profit Organizations:  We are inviting community-based organizations
and other non-profits to have a table (booth) on the concourse at the
Rally in exchange for selling tickets.  For information on that, please
contact the So Cal HQ at 310-652-9690

This notice is just a heads up, a full color email invitation will be
distributed soon that you should forward to a few thousand of your
closest friends.  Urge people to purchase their tickets early because
the event will sell out quickly.

Stay tuned, more info to come!

For more info, contact: Woody Hastings at Woody at Cal.VoteNader.Org

---

Out of towner Permies who wish to attend can stay at my place for free. I live minutes from the LB Arena. And the following morning
will be a perfect perma event as The Greenbelt Committee is planting a plethora of California Native plants on an abandoned railway right of way. This is an all-volunteer effort to build a nature trail for the public and bring back the native fauna and flora of Long Beach.
For more info, please see http://www.jimclark.org/greenbelt

Please e-mail or call me at (562) 434-9721 if you would like to arrange accomodations. Meals will not be provided and I only have hardwood floor space, but hey, it's free (especially if you can help out for a few hours on the Greenbelt). You'll have to arrange getting your Nader tickets at http://www.votenader.org. Don't forget to bring a pillow, blankets/sleeping bag, and a foam pad.

Accomodations are on a 1st come, 1st serve basis with a limit of about 5 persons, so don't LAG!!!

Paul Racko