[Scpg] The real info on Bill Moyer

scpg-admin at arashi.com scpg-admin at arashi.com
Tue Mar 20 13:56:29 PST 2001

On Monday, March 26 at 9:00 p.m., (check local listings) Bill
Moyers will present a 2-hour investigative report on the
chemical industry on PBS. Trade Secrets: A Moyers Report
uncovers how our health and safety have been put at risk and why
powerful forces don't want the truth to be known.
http://www.pbs.org/insidepbs/news/newprogs0101.html

PBS PRESENTS BILL MOYERS INVESTIGATIVE REPORT ON THE CHEMICAL
INDUSTRY, NEW ARTS, HISTORY AND RELIGION PROGRAMS

Pasadena, Calif. - January 15, 2001 - A groundbreaking
investigative report on the chemical industry by Bill Moyers is
part of PBS's new programming slate, as well as a cutting-edge
series on the arts around America, an in-depth look at the
astonishing life of Ben Franklin, and an intimate portrait of a
Protestant congregation.

Americans say corporations should have the burden of proving
chemicals are safe. The majority of citizens believe most
chemicals are already tested for safety, and that the government
is protecting them against harmful chemicals. But what is the
true story? In TRADE SECRETS: A MOYERS REPORT, premiering
Monday, March 26 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings),
correspondent Bill Moyers and producer Sherry Jones uncover how
our health and safety have been put at risk and why powerful
forces don't want the truth to be known.

This investigative report, accompanied by a PBS.org Web site, is
based on a massive archive of secret industry documents as
shocking as the "tobacco papers."   In the 50 years of the
chemical revolution, over 75,000 chemicals have been released
into the environment. What happens as our body absorbs them? And
how can we protect ourselves? Moyers and Jones won the Peabody
Award for their last collaboration on WASHINGTON'S OTHER
SCANDAL.
--
Guiding you with clarity
and purpose to become