[Scpg] gardening for peace?

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 17:12:03 PDT 2001

hiya peaceniks

here's some sb garden club doings and a big day and raving nite of workshops
and music in ojai this sat. 9/21 equinox. see elfaction.org for more on this
fun stuff.

help set the tone. share your late harvest produce with neighbors and hungry
ones.

peas

ew

War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong;
and multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses.
--Thomas Jefferson

Hi All,

Just a reminder that we meet tomorrow night at 7pm at the Community
Environmental Center Gildea Center (930 Miramonte Drive, off Carrillo in
Santa Barbara) to hear ANDY LOPEZ, 'THE INVISIBLE GARDENER FROM MALIBU' whose
slogan is "Don't Panic! It's Organic!"  Andy will give us lots of tips and
ideas on how to make our organic gardens even healthier and happier.

Next month on Wed Oct 17th we'll feature Wesley Roe, one of the organizers of
the South Coast Permaculture Guild, who will talk about WATER: THE NEW GOLD.
 Wes will teach us about water catchment systems for the home gardener --
just in time for the rainy season!

And mark your calendars for Thurs Oct 25 7pm at the Faulkner Gallery in the
Santa Barbara Public Library downtown.  Toby Hemenway, author of "GAIA'S
GARDEN: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture" will teach us how to apply more
of those amazing permaculture techniques to our backyards.

Also many thanks to everyone who helped at the Santa Barbara Organic Garden
Club booth at the Organic Festival, especially Michael Thompson who shared
his wisdom about worms and vermicomposting.

See you tomorrow,

Larry Saltzman