[Scpg] Permaculture Activist Magazine Celebrate 16 years

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Oct 1 05:35:42 PDT 2001

In Millenium 2001,The Permaculture Activist magazine
http://www.permacultureactivist.net
                                celebrates its 16th year promoting the
design of sustainable
                                community. The Activist is North America's
leading
                                permaculture periodical offering articles
on permaculture
                                design, edible landscaping, bioregionalism,
aquaculture,
                                natural building, earthworks, renewable
energy, and much
                                more. It provides a current listing of
upcoming permaculture
                                design courses and serves as an valuable
global networking
                                tool linking students to teachers and
information,
                                homeowners to designers and consultants,
homeseekers to
                                community, organisms to habitats, life to
soil, and hope and
                                help for all who imagine a culture that
cares for the Earth
                                AND people.

Guidelines for writers:

                                 We welcome submissions on subjects of interest
                                 to our readers. We can take submissions in
                                 almost any form, but prefer electronic media:
                                 computer disk (Mac or PC) or email. Any length
                                 piece from 1000 to 2500 words would be fine (A
                                 typed, single-spaced page is about 400
words.).
                                 If you have graphic illustrations of
concepts in
                                 the essay, or photographs, please feel free to
                                 include them. All materials can be returned if
      needed.We send complimentary copies of the published issue to
      contributors and are open to barter arrangements for advertising, etc

"As a system of design, Permaculture provides a new
                                   vocabulary for observation and action,
attention and
                                   listening, that empowers people to
co-design homes,
                                   neighborhoods, and communities full of
truly abundant
                                   food, energy, habitat, water, income,
and yields enough to
                                   share."
                                   - Keith Johnson, editor/writer for the
Permaculture Activist,
                                   teaching staff for Culture's Edge,
designer/consultant with
                                   Patterns For Abundance consortium,
previously director of
                                   Sonoma County Permaculture.
pcactiv at metalab.unc.edu

      "The ultimate end to a growth economy is the same as an analagous
growth: cancer. But
      for national economies, the victims are nature, soils, forests,
people, water, and quality
      of life. There is one, and only one, solution, and we have almost no
time to try it. We
      must turn all our resources to repairing the natural world, and train
all our young
      people to help. They want to; we need to give them this last chance
to create forests,
      soils, clean waters, clean energies, secure communities, stable
regions, and to know how
      to do it from hands-on experience" Bill Mollison