[Scpg] Eat Your Garden Video who carrie it

Permacltur at aol.com Permacltur at aol.com
Fri Nov 2 07:21:29 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/01/01 4:09:37 PM, lakinroe at silcom.com writes:

<< Hi Julie
         Rodale press has the book see below
                                         wes >>

Sorry Guys, but Rodale is out of both of the main books by Bill, the manual
and the Intro.  I bought up the last three copies of Introduction to
Permaculture (which we still have), myself, in case we needed them for
students in our current online course.  (We always get late registrations.)

The prices on these books is going up, Rodale tells me, $20 to $24 for the
intro and $45 to $60 (!) for the manual.  These are said to be new printings;
I doubt that they are also new editions.  Also in securing books for  our
class, we got Bob Kourik to go through his warehouse and find all the copies
he has left of Designing and Maintaining Your Edible Landscape, Naturally.
There are only hardcover copies of the book left, but it is a classic, worth
the extra cost (which is not merely my viewpoint, but the view of my students
whom I surveyed before investing in this inventory).  The price of the
hardcover copy of this book has NOT gone up.  I've been encouraging Bob to
come out with a new edition for the past few years, but he says that the
economics are againist it.  (If anyone out there has $100M to invest in an
invaluable tool for healing Mother Earth, let me know and I'll put you in
touch with him.  My interest is that I want a new edition on the market
before I have to remove the book from our online permaculture course required
reading list.)

Anyway, I can probably spare a few of all of the above-mentioned books as I
got enough copies to avoid back-orders.  (I detest back orders--they are
extra work with no extra benefit to the planet.)  You can also back order
from Rodale.  I haven't checked our publication email address lately, but as
of two days ago the books had not come.  They were sent surface, so they can
take 3 to 6 months, though I do not know when they were actually shipped.
There are likely at sea somewhere at the present.)

Anyway, if anyone is interested in our book list, it can be downloaded at
http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html

For Mother Earth
Dan Hemenway
Barking Frogs Permaculture Center
 http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html
or
http://www.permaculture.net/~EPTA/Hemenway.htm

Our annual Permaculture Design Course Online is in session. We accept late
registrations. Check the above sites for details.  The next online course
begins Sept.15, 2002.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles also may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html

We don't have time to rush.