[Scpg] January Permaculture Design Training in Florida

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Nov 15 15:00:52 PST 2001

Students of New College in Sarasota, Florida, will host a permaculture design
intensive workshop January 16-30, 2002. Veteran permaculture designer and
teacher Dan Hemenway will be the principal instructor.

Students in the intensive program will produce and advanced draft of a
permaculture design for a residential site in the area.  Class work,
including field work and extensive slides, will focus exclusively on
information and design approaches needed to promote this design process.
Except that it slightly less intensive, the program is identical to our
10-day program described on our web site,
http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html

Dan Hemenway developed this program in the 1980s to meet the need for
training for people who do not need a permaculture certificate, but would
like enough training to produce permaculture designs for their own places.
The program has also proven useful as preparation for attending the
Permaculture Design Course and as advanced training for people who have
already earned a certificate in the full design course.  Contact Dan well
before the course to arrange advanced work at no additional charge.  Students
of Elfin Permaculture’s six-month Annual Permaculture Design Course Online
can satisfy their practicum requirement through the workshop, also with
notice.

Enrollment is limited and a block of seats has been reserved for New College
students.  The first three days of the workshop, when the first design draft
is produced, may be taken separately by people unable to take the full
program, if we have space available.

Like all Elfin Permaculture Programs, this workshop offers childcare and
limited scholarships.  For details about attending the workshop, contact
Jessica at jnoonmosquera at hotmail.com To arrange advanced work or practicum
credit, contact Dan Hemenway at BarkingFrogsPC at aol.com

Sarasota rests on the Gulf of Mexico south of Tampa. It is a beautiful place,
as cities go, and has active education and arts communities. We are delighted
to be able to provide permaculture training in this area.

Our next annual Permaculture Design Course Online begins Sept. 15, 2002.
Late registrations are also accepted for the current course.  See
http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html  for details.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
224 E. Figueroa St, #C
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
805/962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous