[Scpg] Bat House Research Project helps California farmers with pest control

scpg-admin at arashi.com scpg-admin at arashi.com
Wed Dec 12 09:58:11 PST 2001

BCI's North American Bat House Research Project helps California farmers with pest control

Austin, TX In June of 2001, Bat Conservation International's (BCI) North American Bat House Research Project received a grant from the Organic Farming Research Foundation, a leading supporter of organic farms, to fund a new bats and farming initiative. This new project is designed to aid farmers in the natural reduction of crop pests by installing bat houses in lieu of pesticide use. Bat houses are multi-chambered roosts designed to resemble the tight crevices that bats naturally inhabit, such as in caves and cliffs.