[Scpg] Santa Barbara free talk on olives this wednesday!

scpg-admin at arashi.com scpg-admin at arashi.com
Mon Jan 14 08:58:33 PST 2002

"EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT OLIVES - BUYING TREES, CULTURE,
HARVESTING, PROCESSING, COOKING, ENJOYING!" will be the topic at the Santa
Barbara Organic Garden Club's free presentation Wednesday, January 16 at 7
p.m. at the Community Environmental Council Gildea Center at 930 Miramonte
Drive in Santa Barbara.

The speaker will be Theo Williams, an organic olive farmer from the Santa
Ynez Valley. Ms. Williams is a member of the California Olive Oil Council and
President of Global Gardens, a company whose products include locally-grown
and imported gourmet delicacies.  Come and explore the fine points of getting
involved with one of the most sacred and revered life-sustaining trees on the
planet Earth.  As Solon decreed, "The olive fruit is the greatest cure for
any problem of life."

For more info call 805 563-2089

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
224 E. Figueroa St, #C
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
805/962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous