[Scpg] Santa Barbara Ca Permaculture Series Home Ecosystem: The Artistry of Ecology Larry Santoyo

scpg-admin at arashi.com scpg-admin at arashi.com
Tue Feb 19 10:26:09 PST 2002

Permaculture Series
Home Ecosystem: The Artistry of Ecology
Larry Santoyo
santoyo at earthflow.com

Sunday, March 17, 2002:  Fundamentals of Garden Design & Edible
Landscaping.  Create an integrated design to include color, scent, exotic
edibles, attract birds and butterflies and hardscape elements like the herb
spiral (see the spiral we made in the January workshop!) Learn how to apply
permaculture design to your garden.

Sunday, April 21, 2002:  Build a Backyard "Food Forest."  Stone wall
construction (part 1), water conservation, selecting trees and shrubs and
more...

Sunday, May 19, 2002:  Garden Construction with Recycled and Natural
Materials.  Stone wall construction (part 2), building bamboo trellises,
edible shade vines (grape, kiwi...)

Each workshop is from 10 am to 4 pm and includes lunch.
Our January workshop was over-subscribed so we will give preference to
participants who make a commitment to the series of three workshops at $55
each.(Payable monthly.) Contact Betsy Gallery at bgallery at cox.net.(805)
963-2878

Gaia's Garden,A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture. Toby Hemenway, Chelsea
Green Publishing Co. 2001    www.chelseagreen.com