[Scpg] Permaculture News on Workshop March 17 Sunday in Santa Barbara CA

scpg-admin at arashi.com scpg-admin at arashi.com
Fri Mar 1 20:39:09 PST 2002

Dear Permaculture colleagues,

Sunday, March 17 will be upon us soon.  Some of you who have requested that
I save you a place for the all-day Larry Santoyo workshop, "Home Ecosystem:
The Artistry of Ecology," have already sent your checks, so your place is
guaranteed.  Others need to send the check for $55 asap to assure your
reservation.  This is the first of a series of three workshops.  The other
two are Sunday, April 21 and Sunday, May 19.

By the time that we meet, I also hope to have some "inside information" on
how to get good-size stones for free.  This brings down the cost of the
hardscape quite a bit.  And as you know, the transfer station in Santa
Barbara will deliver a ton of mulch for $7.50 to your home in our area. If
you work for the county, as I do, it is free. I used 3.5 tons of the coarse
mulch to cover 4 to 6 inched deep the cardboard I put down in my front and
back yards.  Since the last workshop I got another 1.5 tons of
well-composted mulch, very fine, almost dirt texture, delivered from the
transfer station´s recycle leader Richard Placencia´s "secret stash."
Anyone wanting to contact Richard about getting some mulch delivered can
call him at (805) 681-4346 or e-mail him at
<mailto:rplacen at co.santa-barbara.ca.us>rplacen at co.santa-barbara<mailto:rplacen at co.santa-barbara.ca.us>.ca.us
. His office is at the transfer station (aka the dump).  The coarse mulch
pile is across the street from the dump, down a dirt road and anyone can go
by and fill up on their own too.  No permission needed.

I hope to see you at the workshop.  Any questions, call me at (805)
963-2878.  Send checks to Elizabeth (Betsy) Gallery, 1125 East Ortega
Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103.