[Scpg] May 17 Livable Places Update Santa Monica Ca

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Apr 20 07:24:43 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From:   sclarke [SMTP:sclarke at livableplaces.org]
Sent:   Tuesday, April 16, 2002 7:56 PM
To:     sclarke at livableplaces.org
Subject:        Livable Places Update

Livable Places Opens Its Doors Santa Monica
We wanted to let you know that things are happening at Livable Places!
After two years of hard work by our Board of Directors, Livable Places
has hired staff, opened an office and launched a new website (
www.livableplaces.org <http://www.livableplaces.org/> ). Our staff is
busy making offers on land for our first development project and digging
in on our public education and policy work.

Go to www.livableplaces.org <http://www.livableplaces.org/>  to see
Livable Places' new website.

How to Build Green Without Going Into the Red
Livable Places' first workshop on green building practices will be on
Friday, May 17 at Colorado Court, a new ultra-green apartment building
in Santa Monica.  In addition to guided tours of the building, the
workshop will include presentations by the developer and architect of
Colorado Court, an environmental engineer and a for-profit housing
developer. Space is limited so register today at www.livableplaces.org
<http://www.livableplaces.org/> .

Rewriting the Rules: The Architect's Role in Shaping Projects
Don't miss LA Architect magazine's first annual Design Walk on Saturday,
May 18 in downtown Los Angeles.  Livable Places has organized an
exciting panel on what it takes for an architect to have a significant
role in shaping a project. Get the details on the panel and Design Walk
at www.livableplaces.org/#walk <http://www.livableplaces.org/#walk> .

LA City Planning Commission to Hear Proposed Ordinances
On May 9, the LA City Planning Commission will take up four proposed
ordinances aimed at spurring housing development in the city.  Express
your support by coming to the hearing or sending a letter. Get the
details at www.livableplaces.org/policy.html
<http://www.livableplaces.org/policy.html> .

If you do not wish to receive periodic updates on Livable Places, please
you.

Livable Places
548 So. Spring Street, Suite 803
Los Angeles, CA  90013