[Scpg] SD BD ORGANIC FARM TOUR

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Fri Jun 28 09:51:46 PDT 2002

please forward to sdpg

Find Information about tour below.

Dear Friends

We are missing only 8 more candidates for the our trip to the organic farm,
in order to come out even financially, and have about 18 more seats open. I
encourage everyone to check in with  "greenly oriented" friends, to see if
they would be interested in engaging in this social adventure of connecting
to the land in a fun and playful way. We also invite families to come along
for the day. The fee for kids is only $5.

Emmanuel Culman from the cable tv program Changes will bring his camera,
since we are working on a promotional DVD production to support outreach and
education about healthy food and the CSA model. Articles will appear about
the farm in NOHO LA magazine, the August issue, and in the Whole Life Times
in September.

The growers of  Tierra Miguel could use a good show of support and
enthusiasm. If you can't go you might consider making a tax deductable
donation toward educational projects at the farm.

Make out to Tierra Miguel Foundation Farm& CSA  in memo write - education
projects
Mail to          P.O. Box 1065, Pauma Valley, CA 92061

Hopefully you can forward this e-mail to some of your friends! I am working
on a pickup place on the west side! I am happy to answer any questions.
                                        Wiep de Vries (626) 798-1592

HOP ON THE BUS FOR A FUN AND INSPIRATIONAL

NETWORKING BUS TOUR TO AN

ORGANIC FARM

SATURDAY, July 6

8 AM - 5:30 PM

[Unable to display image]
WHO IS INVITED?         ANYONE INTERESTED IN GARDENING, SUSTAINABILITY,
                        HEALTHY FOOD, HEALING, AND POSITIVE CHANGE. A
                        WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE IDEAS, EXCHANGE
                        INFORMATION  AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS

WHERE TO GO?        TO PAUMA VALLEY, NORTH SAN DIEGO COUNTY

THE OCCASION?       TO VISIT A 87 ACRE BIO-DYNAMIC CSA INITIATIVE
                        TIERRA MIGUEL FOUNDATION FARM & CSA

CSA?                    YES, COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE
A BUS?              SIT BACK AND ENJOY THIS SPECIAL OUTING. IT BUILDS
COMMUNITY!
CAPACITY?           ROOM FOR 49 NETWORKERS

AT THE FARM:        WE LEARN ABOUT BIODYNAMICS, SHARE LUNCH, HAVE A
            FARM TOUR, AND DO SOME FARMING

PICK UP PLACES:         WEST SIDE, SHERMAN OAKS, PASADENA, PLACENTIA.
DEPARTURE:                  BETWEEN 8-9 AM RETURN: BEFORE 6:30 PM
COSTS:                        $20 PER PERSON
BRING:                         BUSINESS CARDS, FLYERS, AND FOOD FOR THE POT -
                        LUCK.   A LUCIOUS SALAD WILL BE PROVIDED

The Tierra Miguel Foundation is a not-for-profit organization with the
purpose of supporting the Earth and its people, demonstrating and developing
sustainable, chemical-free agriculture and related education. The Farm uses
biodynamic principles, and practices soil enhancement, composting and healthy
agriculture.

Tierra Miguel Foundation Farm and CSA
P.O. Box 1065, Pauma Valley, CA 92061
(760)742-1199 fax (760)742-1151
www.tierramiguel.org   csa at tierramiguel.org

Itinerary for the Bus Trip on July 6th, 2001
A west side bus stop may be added in here... Call for info

8:00 - 8:10 AM  Sherman Oaks, Exit Coldwater Canyon
Whole Foods Market 12905 Riverside Drive.
Park along Coldwater Canyon (do not park in the Whole Foods parking lot).

8:30 - 8:40 AM  Pasadena, exit Fair Oaks from 210 East
>From the 134, coming into Pasadena, exit on Fair Oaks,
turn North, (left), pass Villa, and turn into the shopping mall at Vons. Park
along side of Starbucks. (corner Orange Grove, Fair Oaks)

9:15 - 9:30 AM Placentia, exit on Nutwood from 57, going South.
Turn East (left). To your right you see Chase Suite Hotel and Coco's. Pull
into parking lot to the side of Coco's.

Then we take the 91 East to Corona, and the 15 South to the 76. We go East
along the 76 for almost 13 miles, and turn Right on Cole Grade Road.   mile
to the left is the farm. Pauma Valley Organics.

Wiep, your host, will answer all further questions.
Please, let your friends about it as well!

To RSVP for a specific pick up location:
 e-mail to wiepfrog at cs.com or
call (626)  798-1592 or Fax to  (626) 797-1709

[Unable to display image]
Positive Action is like planting a Seed
for a more viable Future