[Scpg] Permaculture News

Permacltur at aol.com Permacltur at aol.com
Sun Aug 18 19:41:12 PDT 2002

Please announce or forward as appropriate.

Permaculture Design Course CD Released
    The Permaculture Design Course CD was released by Elfin Permaculture on
Aug. 1. The CD incorporates the postings and assignments of our annual
Permaculture Design Course Online, which begins its seventh cycle on Sept.
15, 2002. It includes hundreds of weekly posts from the instructors, the full
Permaculture Design Course Pamphlet series, TRIP directory of nearly 2000
groups related to permaculture, sample designs and a number of articles and
papers.
    We offer the Permaculture Design Course CD in two versions, one for
certificate students pregistered in the online course and one for online
course monitors and self-study students. The CD will be free to certificate
students and monitors in preregistered Cycle 7 of the course.  Anyone may buy
the CD at the monitor fee, which we will hold at $100 until Cycle 7 starts on
September 15.  On or after Oct. 15, the price of the CD will go up to $250.
It will be included in the price of monitoring the course and in the price of
the reading package for full students.
    Check our web page at http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html for
details or email a request to BarkingFrogsPC at aol.com

7th Annual Online Permaculture Design Course Begins Sept. 15
    There is still room for a few more students in the cycle 7 of Elfin
Permaculture’s Permaculture Design Course Online.  The course runs six months
and includes structured reading assignments in texts, four reports per
student including a full permaculture design report, and discussion via
email.  This year for the first time most of the weekly instructional posts
will be provided on the new course CD, providing more flexibility for
students who want to read ahead and freeing instructors’ time for more discus
sion and personal attention to students. Instructors include the course and
CD designer, Dan Hemenway, Cynthia Baxter Hemenway, CNM, teaching the Design
for Health module, and Willem Smuts providing depth to class discussions. Tim
Packer, webmaster of the Barking Frogs Permaculture Center site, will again
serve as the course “computer guy.” Willem will lead also discussions in
Cycle 8 of the course beginning March 16. This will be the first time that
Elfin Permaculture has given the course twice in one year. Maximum enrollment
is 10 certificate students and 20 new students total.  There is always
carryover of several students from the previous course cycle, also, at no
additional tuition charge.  For details, download the course reading list,
the course protocol, and the course assignment schedule from
http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html

Tuition Increase Delayed
    Tuition for the Elfin Permaculture Design Course Online will increase
around Oct. 15.  This allows time for everyone who planned to take course
cycle 7, beginning Sept. 15, to sign on at the old rates.  This will be the
7th year without a tuition increase.

Annual Letter Released
    Barking Frogs Permaculture Center issued its annual report Aug. 15. Check
our web page at http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html for details or
email a request to BarkingFrogsPC at aol.com

Barking Frogs Permaculture Center

The protocol for our Annual Permaculture Design Course Online is at
http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html

Our 2002, 6-month Permaculture Design Courses Online begin Sept. 15, 2002 and
March 16, 2003.  Check the above site for details. As of Aug. 1, 2002 the
course is also available on CD.  Check our website for details or email us at

BarkingFrogsPC at aol.com