[Scpg] Sticks and Stones Technology Series:

Santoyo & Associates santoyo at earthflow.com
Tue Feb 25 18:50:37 PST 2003

-PLEASE POST -ANNOUNCE -FORWARD

Special Discounted Price!

EarthFlow Design Works Presents: Ancient Arts...
2003 Sticks and Stones Technology Series:
Fourth Saturday of each month

Spiral Gardens: Building with Stone -Sat. March 22

Learn traditional stone building methods. Dry stacked techniques as
well as mortars of earth and living plants will be demonstrated.
Participants will learn how to prepare a site, estimate time and
materials and how to choose the best methods and favorite styles for
their own home projects. Participants will have several examples to
observe and also have a chance to "learn by doing" as we assist a
highly experienced crew, in artistically constructing garden beds,
tree wells, "herb spirals" and retaining walls...

Stay for optional pizza party -baked right here in our cob oven!..
($10.00 additional fee)

Design and Build with Cob and Straw Bales  -Sat. April 26

Learn the ancient art of building with mud and straw. Straw and
Earthen materials have been used for thousands of years. Creative and
playful designs for benches, BBQ's and outdoor ovens are easy to
build. Join us as we learn and "play in the mud."  Light Clay
methods, earthen plaster and other construction techniques for walls
and buildings will also be discussed... Current popularity of straw
bale construction is actually a revival of a hundred year old
American technique!

Stay for optional pizza party -baked right here in our cob oven!..
($10.00 additional fee)

Earth Bag (super-adobe) Construction -Sat. May 24

Learn one of the easiest of all the natural building techniques.
Earth bags (like straw bales) can be stacked and plastered to make
elegant and affordable walls and buildings... Wine cellars, domes,
vaults, curved and standard walls can all be built using this
techniques.

Earth bags are rapidly becoming popular as a building material. The
city of Hesperia in Southern California has commissioned the
construction of their public library using this technique.

Stay for optional pizza party -baked right here in our cob oven!..
($10.00 additional fee)

All classes held at
the Permaculture Learning Gardens, Los Osos, California
Saturdays 10:30 am - 3:30 pm

Special Discounted Advance Purchase Price:
$35 per session or $90 for all three sessions. -Bring bag lunch
(after class pizza party $10.00 additional)
...$55 day of workshop...

-work trade and slo hours always accepted.

Workshops are led by Larry & Kathryn Santoyo, ecological designers.

For pre- registration or more information contact:
1.800.469.5857
info at earthflow.com
rsvp for directions

Also!!!
Join our ongoing Permaculture Fundamentals classes on the First and
Second Saturdays of each month...