[Scpg] SUNDAY, MARCH 23 - THE 2CHANGE PEACE FESTIVAL

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Mar 14 21:21:07 PST 2003

SUNDAY, MARCH 23 - THE 2CHANGE PEACE FESTIVAL
12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
Pershing Park, corner of Castillo St and Cabrillo Blvd, below SBCC in Santa
Barbara
Speakers include: Key Note speaker Amory B. Lovins, CEO of the Rocky Mountain
Institute, Santa Barbara Mayor Blum; David Krieger, President of the Nuclear
Age Peace Foundation; members of different Faith Communities; and
representatives from participating organizations.
Participating organizations include: The 2Change Foundation; The Nuclear Age
Peace Foundation; Not in Our Name; Veterans For Peace; Every Day Gandhis
Project; The Green Party; The Fund for Santa Barbara; Woman's International
League for Peace and Freedom; SB Permaculture Guild; and Hope Dance Magazine.
An Open Microphone to allow the people to spread their words/songs of Peace.
Musical talent includes great dance music by ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra)
and local reggae band Makai
Fun for the whole family, with special activities for kids, Kayapo energy
drink
and snacks, and an inflatable bouncer.
A Great Raffle and Silent Auction to raise money for the local peace
organizations
Massage Tent to help people find inner peace.
A Call for Peace to President Bush in the form of a massive letter to be
delivered to Washington.
Volunteers are needed before and that day. Donations for the Raffle and Silent
Auction would help a great deal, and are tax-deductible.
Hannah Apricot Eckberg, Organizer
Santa Barbara Peace Festival
805-689-6493
peace at kayapo.com
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous