[Scpg] Updated Design Course in SLO/LA CA Summer 2003

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed May 7 15:57:09 PDT 2003

PLEASE POST***************PLEASE FORWARD****************

"What Permaculturalists are doing is the most important activity that any
group
is doing on the planet..."   Dr. David Suzuki, award winning scientist and
producer

Join us as we celebrate the 5 year anniversary of the Center of Natural Design
with the finest gatherings of veteran Permaculture Teachers ever assembled!

SUMMER 2003 PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATE TRAINING PROGRAMS
<http://www.earthflow.com>www.earthflow.com

Permaculture is the art and science that applies patterns found in nature to
the design and construction of human and natural environments... The
Permaculture Design Course has truly transformed the lives and enhanced the
careers of thousands of people around the world, including architects,
landscapers, community developers, social workers, city planners, teachers,
students, farmers, gardeners, homeowners and business owners...

Choose the Two Week Intensive or the Six Weekends Format

> 1) PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE: at the Center of Natural Design
> Two Week Intensive, July 13-26, 2003
>
> San Luis Obispo County, California
>

> 2) URBAN PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE: EcoUrbanism and the Future of
> Sustainability
> Six weekends Aug/Sept
>
> Part 1: August 9-10 & August 16-17
>
> Part 2: August 30-31 & September 6-7
>
> Part 3: September 20-21 & September 27-28
>
> Los Angeles, California

TEACHING STAFF

The Center of Natural Design is proud to showcase a consortium of Friends,
Internationally Acclaimed Educators and Leaders in the Worldwide
Sustainability
Movement, including:

> Larry Santoyo, Designer/Director
>
> the Center of Natural Design
>

> Scott Pittman, Director
>
> The Permaculture Institute
>

> Penny Livingston-Stark, Director
>
> Permaculture Institute of Northern California
>

> Toby Hemenway, Author
>
> Gaia's Garden: a Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture
>

> John Valenzuela, International Design Consultant
>

> Dr. Bill Roley, Director
>
> Permaculture Institute of Southern California
>

> with:
>
> Lois Arkin, Executive Director CRSP at L.A. EcoVillage
>
> Joseph Kennedy, Editor, the Art of Natural Building
>
> Jeff Oldham, Manager, Gaiam/RealGoods Design Group
>
> Anna Marie Carter, the "Seed Lady" of Watts
>
> Dr. Richard Smith, EarthActivist & EcoPsycologist
>
> Linda Seeley, Deep Ecologist
>

> and a growing list of other Very Special Guests...

SPECIALIZED CURRICULUM

> This course has something for everyone... Curriculum includes inspiring
> examples of sustainable land use and human ingenuity from around the world.
>

> The core curriculum includes chapters 1-14 of the Permaculture Designers'
> Manual and additionally includes new, updated and expanded material:
> Eco-Literacy, Designing and Building your own Home-Ecosystem, Natural
> Building Techniques, Food-Forests, Fossil-less Fuels and Energy, Industrial
> Ecology, Patterns of Human Dynamics & Community, Practicing Democracy,
> MicroVillage Networks, EcoUrbanism and more...
>

> Also Field Trips, Design Exercises, a variety of Hands-on Learning
> Opportunities and the infamous Talent Show!
>

> Each course is divided into 3 parts (of four days each).  Successful
> completion of all three parts entitles students to Certification and
> eligibility for apprenticeships.
>

> PART 1) -NEW ECOLOGY, SACRED GEOMETRY, Intro to Permaculture, Natural
Patterns
> & More...
>

> PART 2) -FOOD, WATER, SHELTER, Sustainable Resource Management, Natural
> Builing, Home Ecosystems & More...
>
> PART 3) -CREATING COMMUNITY, Eco-Economics, EcoVillage Design & More...

LOCATION(S)

July 13-26, 2003 PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE:

> The Center of Natural Design... located 200+ miles South of San Francisco
and
> 200+ miles North of Los Angeles, on California's central coast... The
10-acre
> private retreat features bio-diversity gardens, day spa, centuries-old oak
> woodlands and coastal chaparral. Extinct volcanoes, scenic coastline and
> nearby Wine Country truly complement the beautyŠ
>

> Additional activities include: Hiking, Biking, Kayaking, Yoga, Massage,
Beach
> Combing, Big Sur Coast, Wine Tasting and the Graduation/Talent Show will
> feature
>
> "FlashPoint Pizzeria" an Earthen Oven Pizza Party...

Aug/Sept, 2003 URBAN PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE:

> Our venues in Los Angeles include as diverse an urban experience as
> possible... We are still finding and confirming venues, guest speakers and
> field trips...  so far, to start our six weekend adventure out -are the
> nearby woods and trails of the Hollywood Hills... to the beaches of
Malibu...
> then out to the suburbs by train... to the high and low technology of the
> Center for Regenerative Studies... Back to the city for an inspiring and eye
> opening visit to South Central with "the Seed Lady of Watts"... we'll
explore
> a huge warehouses converted into an entire Artist Village and on to the
world
> famous L.A.EcoVillage...
>

> EcoUrbanism IS the future of sustainability!..

TUITION & FEES:

> $1550.00 for "Two Week Intensive" -register for all or part.
>

> $1200.00 for "Six Weekends Course" -register for all or part.
>

> Discounts for early registration.
>
> Costs includes: Tuition & Registration, Materials, Field Trips,
> Certification,
>
> (Lunches are included in the weekends course... accommodations not
included).

> (Camping and Meals are included in the two week intensive)
>

> Day Rates, Trade, Work-trade, Payment Plans, and Group Discounts also
> available...

FOR MORE INFORMATION, DISCOUNTS, UPDATES AND DETAILED COURSE SCHEDULE.

> see- www.earthflow.com

SPACE IS LIMITED Don't miss this opportunity!

> For Registration contact: Larry Santoyo
>
> info at earthflow.com
>
> 800.469.5857 (message)
>
> 805.528.3763 (9-5 Pacific Standard Time)
>
> see- <http://www.earthflow.com>www.earthflow.com

in cooperation with: The Center of Natural Design, the Terra Foundation &
EarthFlow Design Works

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous