[Scpg] Fwd: The 2003 Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Thu May 8 23:43:55 PDT 2003

oh god, more forwarded crap -- does he think this spam is ever looked at
without deleting -- who's got time?

when ya  needs a bit more schmaltz on the project kudos, get the thumbs up
from the gov - oy!

...careful tho, it could lead to a summons for jury duty...

ew

Who may apply: Competition is open to all California residents, businesses,
non-profit organizations, professional and trade associations, communities,
state and local governmental entities, tribes, and federal agencies
operating in California.

>From: "Ford, Leslie" <LFord at CALEPA.ca.gov>
>Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 15:08:46 -0700
>
>The State of California is pleased to announce the initiation of the 2003
>Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards
>competition.  These awards represent the State's highest and most
>prestigious environmental honor.  The awards recognize achievements
>related to the conservation of California's precious resources, and
>protection and enhancement of our environment. Award categories
>include:  1) Children's Environmental Education; 2) Watershed & Ecosystem
>Restoration; 3) Sustainable Practices; 4) Environmental-Economic
>Partnerships; 5) Land Use; 6) Technology Innovation; and 7) Sustainable
>Facilities.
>
>We welcome your participation!  The 2003 application can be obtained at
>the following
>link:
><http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Awards/GEELA/>http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Awards/GEELA

/.
>Due date for receipt is August 1, 2003.  Thank you!

Selection Criteria:

A panel of senior executives representing the State of Californias
environmental and resource programs will evaluate all applications for
strength in seven specific areas: results, transferability, environmental
impact, resource conservation impact, economic progress,
innovation/uniqueness, and environmental justice. The above criteria will
be considered in the competitive weighting of nominations.

Award Categories:
    * Childrens Environmental Education
    * Exemplary educational programs or curricula to raise childrens
awareness of, and involvement in, environmental issues.
    * Watershed & Ecosystem Restoration
    * Laudable efforts of restoring, enhancing, and improving Californias
watersheds, while promoting sustainable economic progress.
    * Sustainable Practices
    * Pioneering efforts to integrate sound environmental values into
management decisions and practices, in the long-term.
    * Environmental-Economic Partnerships
    * Efforts that foster unique, cooperative approaches between the
private, public, and/or non-profit sectors to achieve both environmental
and economic ends.
    * Land Use
    * Efforts that promote environmentally sensitive development,
comprehensive land use planning; or the development of planning methods
that prevent urban sprawl or reclaim abandoned industrial properties.
    * Technology Innovation|
    * The development or application of new and innovative technologies for
improving environmental quality and protecting public health and safety.
    * Sustainable Facilities
    * Recognizing exemplary building projects that showcase leadership in
the area of green construction practices.

2002 Award Winners:
    * Thanksgiving Coffee Company
    * Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Fairfield Brewery
    * Yosemite Concession Services Corp.
    * Association of Bay Area Governments
    * Wells Fargo Bank
    * County of Alameda
    * Vallejo Sanitation & Flood Control District
    * TreePeople, Inc.
    * Adopt-A-Watershed
    * Santa Clara Valley Water District
    * Blue Ridge/Berryessa Natural Area Conservation Partnership
    * Spenceville Wildlife Area and Mine Reclamation
    * Placer Legacy Open Space and Agricultural Conservation Program
    * Chino Basin Organics Management Strategy

2002 Sponsors:
    * The Richard & Rhoda Goldman Fund
    * Keep California Beautiful, Inc.
    * California Foundation for Commerce and Education
    * The Wine Institute
    * Association of Environmental Professionals
    * California Integrated Waste Management Board

How To Apply:

Anyone wishing to apply for, or nominate an individual, organization, or
business, for a 2003 Governors Environmental and Economic Leadership Award
must complete an application. Applications may be downloaded from this
site, <default.htm>www.calepa.ca.gov/Awards/GEELA/2003/  or obtained by
calling the California Environmental Protection Agency at (916) 445-3846.