[Scpg] cob building workparty May 23 - May 25

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Mon May 12 17:31:02 PDT 2003

Announcing an opportunity to finish one cob cottage and do major building on
another -- all materials on site and ready to go -- we just need you !

The first Los Olivos cob workparty will begin Friday May 23 and go thru Sun.
May 25. All cobbers are welcome to camp on site of the beautiful Figueroa
mountaintop ranch overlooking Santa Ynez valley. This is about 40 miles north
of Santa Barbara. We will be continuing our efforts from the April workshop
and adding new structures too. For pictures of the project and site please
see
<A HREF="http://www.islandseed.com/scpg.html">
http://www.islandseed.com/scpg.html</A> and click on the cob info.

Potlucking and bringing food to share is encouraged, yet regardless of what
you can bring, everyone will be well fed and cared for in appreciation of
their helping on this exciting homestead project.

Please email me Eric W (ewerb at aol.com) or call our site host Betty
805-698-3840,  to let us know how many folks to plan for and when to expect
you.  We would love to arrange as much carpooling as possible, so if you have
capacity in your buggy, please advise.

Directions: On Hwy. 101 between Buellton and Los Alamos, take Hwy. 154 to

Los Olivos. Turn left on Figueroa Mountain Road. Go 10.8 miles. Turn right

into Spirit Pine Ranch. BE SURE TO CLOSE GATE.

For further questions about directions or transportation, you can contact

Betty Seaman at 805-698-3840 or her friend LeAnn, 805-705-1578.

Future Cob Building Work Parties: There will be work parties the last weekend
of each month. If you do not have cob experience, you are welcome to hook up
with someone who has and they can coach you in the process so as to maintain
the workparty's building progress...

For more info, sign on to the scpg list serve to receive announcements and
rsvp for events.