[Scpg] Joe Kennedy EcoDwelling Program Santa Rosa CA Sept 2003

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Aug 12 17:12:02 PDT 2003

Hello All,

Greetings! (and apologies for the "impersonal" email, drop me a note, and I
will respond more personally)  I would appreciate you-all spreading the word
about the exciting program I am working in here in California.  Please see
below.  Thanks again.

Joe

The EcoDwelling Program, part of the only accredited degree program where
you can "major" in Ecological Design and Natural Building, is still
accepting applications for Fall Semester, starting in September.  If you
have any questions, please contact me at 707 568 3092 or
jkennedy at newcollege.edu

Please forward this to any potential students that might be interested.

Best regards,

Joe Kennedy

EcoDwelling:
A New College of California - North Bay
BA and MA Program Concentration

EcoDwelling is a 3-semester Concentration offered through New College of
California North Bay Campus’s (Santa Rosa) Culture, Ecology and Sustainable
Community program.  New College offers accredited BA completion and MA
degrees, with additional concentrations in Ecological Agriculture, Painting
in the Landscape, and Consciousness, Healing, and Ecology.

The EcoDwelling Concentration is a holistic approach to dwelling in the
broadest sense ­ encompassing the very nature of existence and being ­ and
the entire process by which we inhabit our ecosystems and the planet.  It is
concerned with the causes of our current dwelling process failure, the
principles of success, and the application of principles in the design of
equitable, sustainable, universally affordable alternatives.  The
Concentration provides students with an opportunity to implement vision,
theory and design for radically affordable, sustainable means of dwelling,
through lecture, discussion, design projects, and hands-on building with
cob, strawbales, and other natural materials.

The EcoDwelling Concentration is intended for anyone with an interest in any
aspect of the dwelling process and its relationship to the whole.  It is
intended for anyone interested in discovering how to make their own way and
means of dwelling more affordable, sustainable and liberating ­ thereby
being able to help others do the same.  As awareness of our collective
crisis increases, the need for those who can recognize, understand, and
implement sustainable alternatives will be substantial.

New College Northbay:  http://www.newcollege.edu/northbay

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous