[Scpg] Connole and Regen V violated by FBI: Call to Action!

Jessie Dowling jessiedowling at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:00:14 PDT 2003

THE FBI HAS VIOLATED OUR CIVIL RIGHTS BECAUSE OF OUR POLITICAL VIEWS

In this email you will find:
1. Information regarding the wrongful arrest of Josh Connole, the FBI’s
unsubstantiated search of Regen V and what we need from YOU!
2. An attached flyer about the RALLY at Citrus Municipal Court on Sept
15
6pm to 9pm
(please print, copy and distribute)(for other formats use this link:
http://www.regen.org/09-15-03_josh_flyer.html   )
3. Link to directions to Citrus Municipal Court

*please forward this information widely.   Your individual support is
needed
to free an innocent man*

On September 12th Josh Connole, a known environmentalist and peace
activist,
was arrested by the FBI. The FBI is accusing Josh of being involved
with the
arson and vandalism of SUV dealerships in West Covina CA, resulting in
over
a million dollars of damages.  The FBI is charging the WRONG man!
Although
they have no evidence connecting Josh to this incident, the FBI, along
with
the ATF, had been following him for several weeks. After his arrest,
the FBI
turned their attention to his home, the Regenerative Cooperative, also
home
to 14 other co-op members, and surrounded the house for hours while
waiting
for state and federal warrants to search the co-op.  After a grueling
and
dehumanizing wait, Regen V was searched by the FBI, ATF (Alcohol,
Tobacco,
and Firearms) while residents stood out on the streets watching their
home
being torn apart throughout the night.  Among items seized were over
half a
dozen computers; most of Regen’s residents are students from the
Claremont
colleges, CalPoly Pomona, and Cal State Fullerton. Regen V is a
Cooperative
that promotes environmental sustainability and community.
	This is a prime example of the government targeting visible activists
in
order to instill the fear among American citizens that innocent people
will
be persecuted for peacefully trying to bring about positive social
change
through exercising their first amendment rights.

Join us in the effort to protect our civil liberties and to grant the
freedom of an innocent man!

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

-We need HUNDREDS of letters written to
         -editors of all newspapers
         -your representatives and congresspersons
         -independent media and other internet sites
         -School Papers
         -any organization or business that can write resolutions in
support
of Josh's innocence
         -anywhere you can think of –we need to get the word out!

-We NEED presence at the Courthouse for his arraignment on Monday
September
15th at 8am at the Citrus Municipal Court House in West Covina (1427
West
Covina Parkway    West Covina, CA
91790)
AND at the RALLY on September 15th as well from 6pm to 9 pm (see
attached
flyer)

-We NEED financial contributions to the Josh Connole Defense Fund for
legal
fees and other expenses related to this issue

-We NEED computers because the FBI confiscated ours

-We NEED video cameras for documentation

Please send all checks and material donations to Katherine Todd-Brown
at 997
Bradford Street  Pomona CA 91767     ph#: (909)469-5100

******Also Tune in to KPFK (90.7) Pacifica Radio on Tuesday September
16th
Beneath The Surface at 5pm—there will be live interviews**********

map of court:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=1427+west+covina+parkway&city=west+covina&state=ca&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

AND for more information checkout www.regen.org

peace & hope,
jessie

(Jessie Dowling is a current resident of Regen V, she has lived there
for
over a year and is a graduate of Scripps College in Claremont
California)

Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.