[Scpg] Permaculture EcoVillage Workshop/Equinox Celebration

L.SantoyoDesigns santoyo at earthflow.com
Tue Sep 16 12:25:50 PDT 2003

---------
Sponsored by
The Center of Natural Design, The Terra Foundation and EarthFlow Design Works

PERMACULTURE WORKSHOP
EQUINOX CELEBRATION -SEPT 20 & 21, 2003
WRIGHT RANCH -MALIBU, CA.

Creating Community Self-Reliance
Eco-Village and Eco-Economics:
with Larry Santoyo & Friends

-MALIBU, CA.
Santa Monica Mtns overlooking the ocean from the private estate of
Eric Lloyd Wright. Creative architect in his own right, he is the
grandson of Frank Lloyd Wright.  Eric, his wife and crew will host
our weekend permaculture activities. The site has been the location
of several Hollywood movies and host to legendary cultural creative
gatherings, we are honored to add our Permaculture Design Course to
that list...

Community building & "creating a sense of place," patterns of human
dynamics, intentional communities & eco-villages. We will also learn
strategies for creating community-wide sustainability and methods for
finding our own right-livelihoods.

Special thanks to our venue hosts Eric Lloyd Wright & Associates.
http://elwright.net/wrightway/ (map and directions)

VERY SPECIAL GUEST INSTRUCTORS
Larry Santoyo leads the internationally acclaimed teaching team...
Larry Santoyo is an Artist with formal training in land use planning
and resource protection. He is among the most experienced
Permaculture Designers and Teachers in the US. He is currently the
Director of the Center for Natural Design in San Luis Obispo Co.

John Valenzuela, international permaculture consultant & teacher,
will be joining us to continue with the Permaculture curriculum and
design work...

Ana Marie Carter "the seed lady of Watts" will speak to us about
urban strategies for community and economic development.  She will
let us know how we can help and how to get involved with the Watts
Family Gardens.
-see <www.wattsgardenclub.org>

Ray Cirino, artist, inventor, entrepreneur and cob-ist, will take us
to the future of building technology by first taking us back to our
past -when we played with mud..!

Plan on getting muddy...  But fortunately, Ray is also the creator of
"Water Woman," a thirty foot woman/shower sculpture that we will set
up at the pond (-as seen at Burning Man) -don't miss it!!!

John Roulac, Author of HEMP HORIZONS and owner of "Nutiva" hemp foods
company will share his business experience, offer insight on the hemp
industry today and will mix up some delicious hemp smoothies for us!

An associate from Eric Lloyd Wright & Associates may also be
available to show us more building technology with Bamboo -joinery
and construction will be discussed and demonstrated.

PERMACULTURE WORKSHOP
EQUINOX CELEBRATION -SEPT 20&21 WRIGHT RANCH -MALIBU, CA.

Saturday September 20th Workshop 10am -6pm
MicroVillage, design concepts, communication exercise, collaborative
housing, design teams.

Eco-Villages and Invisible Structures. Various strategies for the
design and development of intentional communities and eco-villages
will be considered, including legal structures and sociological
ramifications. Students will have the opportunity to share their own
ideas for eco-village design during a class discussion. Unique
strategies for creating Permaculture communities and MicroVillages.

EVENING EQUINOX CELEBRATION

Sunday September 21st Workshop 10am -6pm
Cooperatives, LLC, credit unions, trusts, EarthBanks, and local
currencies, student presentations.

EcoVillage design and strategies for Urban Links. Review Principles,
Design practice, Invisible structures underlie the arrangement of
human societies and involve psychological, political and economic
patterns. These hidden frameworks for human interaction link the
Permaculturist and his or her site to society at large and can exert
a profound influence on how decisions are made and how effective they
can be over time.

BE PREPARED, BE RESPONSIBLE
This weekend, we will be charting our way through "permaculture
community development and village design." We will also do some
interpersonal communication exercises as we explore human-dynamics
and our role in the community.  "Business guilds" and finding our own
right livelihood will also be explored.

In addition to the hands on lessons above, we will also learn more
about pond building and pond maintenance.  Be prepared for swimming
and pond work. Clothing optional is optional...

Plan on camping Sat night ($10 per person)...  bring food, drinks,
musical instruments and ?..

Bring tent, bedding, cook wear/mess kit, water, warm dry clothes
-food for two lunches, sat night potluck dinner and Sunday breakfast.

Of course, Clean Up Crews will be needed .

To register contact <info at earthflow.com>
SPECIAL Discount PRICE FOR HOPEDANCERS!!!
CALL for more info...805.528.3763
RSVP for directions before Friday 9.19...