[Scpg] SB/Ventura Hopedance Meeting Tues Sept 30 7pm for next issue Nov/Dec 2003

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Sep 25 07:33:45 PDT 2003

THE NEXT MEETING FOR LOCAL HOPEDANCE to talk about the articles and meet
the people behind the articles gathered for the issue will be TUES Sept
30  7pm Sola House SB. 805-962-2571

Next issue of Hopedance is  on Current Events
Due date for submissions is Oct 10 please submit to Wes Roe SB/Ventura
Editor lakinroe at silcom.com
We will focus on current events and Radical Solution Inspiring Hope .

#####DEADLINE FOR ARTICLES, POEMS, CARTOONS, BOOK AND VIDEO REVIEWS,
COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS AND MORE FOR VENTURA AND SB COUNTY is Oct  10 FOR
"Current Events" Nov/Dec  2003 #####

DEADLINE FOR NEXT ISSUE IS Oct 10 FOR  SANTA BARBARA AND VENTURA SECTION
Please submit articles, cartoons, essays, book reviews, stories, poems,
announcements of events, and ideas for Santa Barbara and South Coast
Hopedance that deals with articles etc specific to our area. Article should
be around 800 words with pictures or up to 1,200, short articles of 250-300
are encouraged too, and also writeups of 100 -150 words for our new shorts
section . Check with the Editor about submissions you are writing,
Wes Roe lakinroe at silcom.com

THE NEXT MEETING FOR LOCAL HOPEDANCE to talk about the articles and meet
the people behind the articles gathered for the issue will be TUES Sept 30
Sola House SB. 805-962-2571
Directions to Gene Hoffmans house (called the Sola House) is 312 E. Sola
St, cross street is Garden. It is a two story wooden house, olive green
with teal blue trim. Meetings start at 7pm, usually until about 9.
We now do the meetings bi monthly, and they take place right before the
deadline for the next issue,

IMPORTANT  REMINDER
Also as of ISSUE #36 Hopedance Magazine has blended the national and local
issue together again for OUR LOCAL EDITION ,PLEASE SUBSCRIBE to help
provide financial support for the Media you would like to see in your
community (1 year 6 issues $20 mail to Hopedance PO Box 15609 San Luis
Obispo Ca 93406)
Thanks Wes Roe lakinroe at silcom.com Editor Ventura, SB Hopedance
and the SB and Ventura Collective of Hopedance Supporters of
Writers,Editors and Distributors

we are always looking for
book reviews
video reviews
art
poetry
essays
articles
reports
summaries of articles in other publications
reviews of various publications
reviews of urls
cartoons
graphics

HOPEDANCE MAGAZINE AND SANTA BARBARA PERMACULTURE SPONSORED BOOK SIGNING
TOUR  in CA
The New Strawbale Home Book Slide Show and Book signing with Catherine Wanek

Building with Bales has begun to enter the mainstream yet many people still
wonder, what does a strawbale house look like? Catherine Wanek's new book
The New Strawbale Home provides the answer, anything you want! Innovative
architects & owner/builders are reinventing this century-old technology to
create thick-walled modern houses of surpassing beauty, that also save
energy and are healthy for its inhabitants and the environment.

This practical book compiles floor plans and images from forty cutting-edge
homes across North America, discussing varying climate considerations &
essential design details. Chapters include information on budget matters,
code compliance, siting & energy efficiency, structural systems, &
finishing touches. It also offers valuable insights & hindsights of
architects, contractors & owner/builders, and a extensive resource section.

Author, photographer and filmaker Catherine Wanek is a pioneer in the
strawbale movement. She published & edited The Last Straw Journal,
co-authored The Art of Natural Building, and produced & directed the video
series Building with Straw. She also helped co-found the non-profit
Builders Without Borders. www.strawbalecentral.com

>Tentative Dates for Book Signing and Slide Show Oct 25-Nov 14 2003
>Laguna Beach Sun Oct 26 Wells Fargo Bank on 260 Ocean 6:00 social hour
>talk at 7:00 -9 PM $3-$5 donation
>San Diego Mon Oct 27 Alliant International University details to follow
>San Diego Tues Oct 28 NEW SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE details to follow
>LA Wed Oct 29 LA- Ecovillage 117 Bimini Place, LA, CA 90004 Sliding scale
>$3 - $10
>Meiners Oak 5pm Dinner with Catherine at the Farmer and the Cook (near
>Ojai) 339 W El Roblars 805-640-9608 (reservations)
>Ojai Thurs Oct 30 Oak Grove School 7pm 220 W. Lomita Ave, Meiners Oak
>(805) 646-8236 X 104  ellenhall at oakgroveschool.com
>Ojai Fri Oct 31 rest,
>Santa Barbara Sat Nov 1 7pm Santa Barbara Public Library Faulkner Gallery
>E Anapamu $3 donation sbpcnet at silcom.com
>Santa Barbara Sun Nov 2 6:30pm pm Livingreen Store for architects and
>Builders sbpcnet at silcom.com
>SLO Mon Nov 3 Cal Poly SLO Hearst Lecture 7pm at Business School Rotunda
>Calpoly Campus,
>Santa Cruz Tues Nov 4 confirmed details to follow
>Berkeley Wed Nov 5 Builders Booksource 7:30pm 1817 Fourth Street
>San Francisco Thurs Nov 6  7pm METREON: A Sony Entertainment Center 101
>Fourth Street at Mission Second Floor in the Action Theatre
>http://www.metreon.com
>Santa Rosa Mon Nov 10 New School $5 donation details to follow
>Occidental tues Nov 11 OAEC www.oaec.org confirmed details to follow
>Arcata Wed Nov 12 confirmed details to follow
>Ashland Fri Nov 14 cancelled, proposed for Prescott Arizona

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network, Hopedance Magazine and South Coast
Permaculture Guild will be sponsoring a Book Signing tour in Southern
California from San Diego to Arcata in last week of Oct and first week of
Nov 2003) see AD and also contact 805-962-2571 sbpcnet at silcom.com for tour
info dates in San Diego. Laguna Beach, LA, Ojai, Santa Barbara, SLO, Santa
Cruz, Berkeley and San Francisco and Santa Rosa, Occidental, Arcata ,
Ashland Oregon, maybe Prescott Arizona  being planned or go to
www.sbpcnet at silcom.com