[Scpg] Ojai Wetlands talk Sat. Nov. 1st, 1pm

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Oct 30 14:25:41 PST 2003

You are invited to attend a free talk on wetlands by Wayne Ferren of UCSB.

When:  This Saturday, Nov. 1st, 1-3pm

Where:  Ojai's Nordhoff High School, Room F-4

        This talk will focus specifically on  the Wetland restoration
project on
the Ojai Meadows preserve.
        Wayne Ferren is the Executive Director of the Museum of Systematics
and
Ecology at UCSB.  From 1987 to 2001 he was the Director of the Carpinteria
Salt
marsh and the Associate Director of the UCSB Natural Reserve System. He has
twenty years experience of restoring marsh, wetland and vernal pool
habitat, as
well as expertise in the construction of wetlands for biofiltration and water
quality improvement.  Wayne is a founding board member of the Center for
Regenerative Agriculture (CRA).  For more information on the CRA, please visit
<http://www.ojaicra.org>http://www.ojaicra.org.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous