[Scpg] UPDATE ON Hubbell home status in San Diego CA, Contact for helping the Rebuild

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Nov 15 07:35:18 PST 2003

Subject: Hubbell And Hubbell - What's New - Current Events
(http://www.hubbellandhubbell.com)

Hubbell home status

We all wonder why things like the fire happen. There were so many ifs. Four
buildings were gutted; our living house, bedroom, office, big studio. Also,
art work and storage buildings were lost. Photos on the left are of the
living house and the big studio.

The large studio was destroyed inside, with its forty year accumulation of
tools and supplies. Probably $20,000 to $30,000 of hand blown glass was
completely melted over the tools. We are working on a list of tools in case
some folks have some to donate.

We are so lucky for our wonderful family and so many friends that have
offered to help. Laura Dick has consented to coordinate the volunteer help
and donations to rebuild. Laura can be contacted at (619) 992-8764. Kyle
Bergman, our very good friend and colleague who worked with Jim in Russia,
is coming out from Vermont, to help coordinate fundraising and to start
rebuilding.

We are thankful for the four buildings left, for we can live in the
boy&rsquos house and have employees work from the little studio. This gives
us a chance to rebuild and bring our home and workplace to where it can
again serve beauty in our world.

Thank you all for your messages and compassionate concern.

Anne and Jim

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order
to grow." - Anonymous