[Scpg] Permie commune in North Tustin Orange County CA ?

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Dec 21 12:13:59 PST 2003

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you could/would send out to the
Permie listserv?

There is an intriguing opportunity for permies in the North Tustin area. A
large house house on 1/2 acre, with 60 young fruit trees, is for sale.
What's the catch? Well, it's on a hillside, which is why it hasn't been
subdivided and built up more. The hillside is terraced (not a great job and
needs some work) and 60 young exotic-fruit trees were planted into the bare
(no ground-cover) dirt. Needs some permie help.

The house is a 1,832 square ft., 4 bedroom 3.5 bathroom house with a large
2-car garage, huge terraced wood deck, and enormous concrete deck that could
be used for container gardening, hydroponic gardening or...? More bedrooms
could pretty easily be added by converting dining room, family room or
living room, and the seller has indicated that the city has given permission
for a third story, or for construction on top of the concrete deck (actually
a filled-in pool). Parking is probably the limiting factor - you could
probably park 6 cars but you'd need valet service to free one of the inside
cars - I need to ask the owner how they handle extra parking because there
doesn't seem to be street parking available - but it is walking distance to
bus lines - and if you share cars it would be a non-issue. (Just take the
first available car and go :0)

I've been toying with the idea of buying it - they're asking $529k but at
this time I think they'd take less - but I certainly couldn't afford to live
there by myself... Permie commune, anyone? If you're intrigued too, e-mail
me at deniseflanagan at earthlink.net  If you don't want to live in a commune
but are still intrigued, feel free to contact me, too - I'm a Realtor and
I'd be happy to show you the place :0)