[Scpg] Jan 17th/Youth Garden Nature Trail

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Jan 12 22:21:34 PST 2004

Community Support Needed at Monte Vista School
730 Hope Avenue,Santa BarbaraYouth Gardens Nature Trail

Great way to learn about native plants!
January 17th
 Saturday, 9 to 12:00
Please contact Judy Sims, Monte Vista teacher,
687-5333, 687-3262,e-mail:  hjsims at earthlink.net

Students may arrange for Community Service, Internships, or Service Learning
Project Work

Note: Alternate dates/times can be set to meet group meeting dates or
volunteer
schedules. Tools are provided.

FYI, Monte Vista school has been selected for the May 1st "Green Building
Parade."  The half-acre, native plant nature trail, gardens and composting,
including vermi-composting, will be featured that Saturday.  Anyone who might
like to help with any of this project work would be VERY welcome, and I'd be
pleased to share this work at a meeting, either a meeting at my school or
elsewhere.

We always welcome "starts," or any items for our Thursday mini-farmer's market
on the front steps of Monte Vista School (730 Hope Avenue, 687-5333).   Items
can be dropped off behind the gate at the front of the school on a given
Thursday morning by 11:00, or I can possibly pick up items.