[Scpg] June 4-14 World Village of Bamboo Artisan at the Farm TN

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Feb 16 01:11:48 PST 2004

June 4-14 World Village of Bamboo Artisans
http://www.thefarm.org/etc/courses.html

Bamboo artisans, teachers, and students from many countries
and cultures will come together to share multi-disciplinary,
cross-fertilization re: tools, techniques, and ideas. This 9-day
event will be organized in a cooperative manner with all
participants sharing infrastructure tasks (cooking, cleaning,
etc.) in an egalitarian manner.

                                          Exchange
                                          of
                                          information
                                          and experience is our primary
objective. An important
                                          secondary goal will be media
exposure of some of the
                                          potentials of Bamboo as a
short-cycle renewable material.

                                          Co-participants are invited to
bring bedding, eating utensils
                                          and small tools. We will camp out
amidst forest, fields and
                                          Bamboo groves. Shelter is
available for those without tents.
                                          There is a pond for swimming and
bathing and a good spring
                                          with sweet water. As a group, we
will undertake one or two
Bamboo projects. There will also be some scheduling so that invited experts
can more formally present their insights
and techniques.

$100.00 for people from developing countries to $400.00 for developed or
overdeveloped countries. Children are
welcome; pets are not. Nearest airport is Nashville, Tenn. Nearest
Greyhound bus is Ethridge, Tenn. We will plan to
run free shuttles on Friday 4 June and Monday 14 June. If you require an
invitation for visa and/or travel funds
purposes, TO REGISTER, or for more information call 1-931-964-4151 or
write: EARF, 30 Myers Road,
Summertown, TN 38483-7323 or e-mail WorldBambooVilla at aol.com.

For more information, please write or call:

      Ecovillage Training Center
      PO Box 90, Summertown, TN 38483-0090 USA
      ecovillage at thefarm.org
      Telephone +01-931-964-4324
      Fax +01-931-964-2200