[Scpg] Permaculturists needed at Natural Building Colloquium-East (June 26-July 3)

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Mar 17 08:38:53 PST 2004

There will finally be another Natural Building Colloquium in the East (NY
State). The only previous one in the East was in Maryland in 1998. There
are some snapshots from it at  http://potkettleblack.com/natbild/nbce.html

While they have at least three dozen presenters lined up already (most of
them are listed
at  http://www.gaiatecture.com/workshops/nbce04/nbce_presenters.html  and
for links relating to some of them, see the bottom of this message) they
still have room for a couple permaculture presenters. Here are a couple
quotes from the organizer:

 > The PeaceWeavers reside in Bath, New York on Thunder Mountain, a 250
acre wildlife sanctuary.  Thunder Mountain encompasses a spring-fed, five
acre lake, beautiful
 > deciduous and evergreen forests, apple and pear trees and an organic
farm.  Through their retreats and gatherings, the PeaceWeavers inspire
individuals and families to
 > embrace greater peace and wellness.  For over a dozen years, this group
has been offering healing community experiences which have touched
thousands of people.
 > NBCE 2004 will help fulfill their vision of becoming a model of
sustainable living using renewable energy and natural building. For more
information about this community
 > please visit their website at www.peaceweavers.com

 > The community has a need for Permaculture expertise to guide the
development of gardening and land caretaking around the existing buildings
and structures built
 > at the colloquium.

If anyone is interested in presenting please email me (Sarah Machtey)
at  mudhome at netzero.net

There will also be a Renewable Energy Expo on the Wednesday during the
colloquium, for which they still have room for more presenters, vendors,
and sponsors. If you know of anyone interested, they can email me too.

For anyone interested attending the Colloquium, or just the Expo, please
see a letter from the organizer, which I have included below for links to
more information and registration. I have, of course, left off the
attachments mentioned since this message is for a list. If you want them,
just email me.

Thanks,
Sarah

 > Dear Friends and Colleagues-

 > I am pleased to announce the 2004 Natural Building Colloquium-East (June
26-July 3). This event is facilitated by Gaiatecture Design and hosted by
 > thePeaceWeavers at their Thunder Mountain Wellness Center in Bath, New
York. Bath is located in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of Central New York.

 > This event is being held for the first time ever in New York State and
follows the overwhelmingly successful 1998 NBC-E in Davidsonville, MD.  The
2004 NBC-E
 > will be a week full of teaching, building, and networking among
professionals and neophytes in the fields of natural building,
permaculture, renewable energy and
the event: http://www.gaiatecture.com/workshops/nbce04.html.

 > Attached is a Colloquium announcement and official poster. Please assist
us in promoting this event by forwarding on the information to your e list
serves,
 > posting the dates on your web calendars and distributing the
downloadable flyer to locations in your area.  This is an exciting
opportunity and one that should not
 > be missed!

 > The website link listed above is updated regularly with information
about the Colloquium. If you have questions about the event please feel
free to email me at
the PeaceWeavers at pw at peaceweavers.com

 > Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at the
colloquium.

 > Mary Golden

 > Note: Your email is included, as per your request, in a workshop
information e-list maintained by Gaiatecture Design.  You may also be
receiving this information because it has been forwarded to you via an
e-list that you
 > have requested information from. If you are on multiple lists, you may
receive repetitive announcements and your  understanding is appreciated.
Please note e-lists are not shared by Gaiatecture Design. if at any time you
 > prefer to discontinue mailings please notify me at
gaiatecture at hotmail.com   Thank you.

Clark Sanders of Just Another Way Builders
http://www.potkettleblack.com/potkettleblog/archives/000089.html#sanders

Paul Lacinski of Green Space Collaborative
http://chelseagreen.com/2004/items/seriousstrawbale

Ianto Evans and Linda Smiley of Cob Cottage Company
http://www.cobcottage.com/

Ben Graham and Amber Wiggett of Spiralworks
http://www.spiralworks.org/

Mark Hoberecht and Chris Fox of Harvestbuild Associates, Inc.
http://www.harvestbuild.com/

Jim Juczak, cordwood owner-builder
http://www.daycreek.com/dc/html/journal121400.htm

Rob and Jaki Roy of Earthwood Building School
http://www.cordwoodmasonry.com/

Josh Jackson of Humble Abode Design/Build
http://www.humbleabode.biz/

Frank Meyer of Thangmaker Construction
http://www.thangmaker.com/

Catherine Wanek and Pete Fust of Black Range Lodge
http://www.strawbalecentral.com/

David Eisenberg and Tony Novelli of the Development Center for Appropriate
Technology
http://www.dcat.net/

Darren Port of the New Jersey Green Homes Office
http://www.nj.gov/dca/dhcr/hsg_prog/njgreenhomes.shtml

Dan Chiras of Sustainable Systems Design, Inc.
http://www.ecospeakers.com/speakers/chirasd.html

Sun Ray Kelly of the School of Natural Living
http://www.potkettleblack.com/natbild/sunray.html

Johnny Weiss of Solar Energy International
http://www.solarenergy.org/about/staff.html

Phil Hawes of Ecological Systems Design
http://personal.riverusers.com/~philhawes/cv.htm

Doni Kiffmeyer and Kaki Hunter of OKOKOK Productions.
http://www.ok-ok-ok.com/