[Scpg] TreeCycler woodworking on display

Fitzsimmons, Mark A mark.a.fitzsimmons at boeing.com
Thu Apr 15 16:13:14 PDT 2004

About 15 years ago I stopped buying hardwood and now use wood that is harvested according to the SmartWood Rediscovered wood guidelines http://www.smartwood.org/ . Each piece I make comes with a card identifying the address or location where the tree used to live, providing a context and history, demonstrating that the wood is not simply a fungible commodity but an organism unique unto itself.

I will be displaying and selling my woodturning art at this weekend's "Artwalk at the Brewery" in Los Angeles.

Hours are 11 am to 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday April 17 and 18.

I will be in unit/building 624, which is directly East across the parking lot of Barbara's Restaurant (it's the only restaurant there). Just walk straight up the driveway from the restaurant toward the 5 freeway and enter "Theory Labs" at unit 624 and my shelves of hollow forms will be right inside the entrance.

For a sneak preview of my work, you can look at these pictures:
<http://www.lafn.org/~az427/frank.html>

...and new work for 2004 in the Frankenstein Series:
<http://members.tripod.com/~Buster_Fitz/TreeCycler/>

Directions:
5 Freeway south
Take the first exit after 110  "Main Street."
Right on Main, then immediate Left on Moulton. Park.

Or if you're coming from the south:

take the 5 (Golden State) freeway North past 10 fwy
to the Main Street Exit.
turn right at the stop sign of the Main Street Offramp.
turn right on Main Street
turn left on Moulton Avenue (one half-block past Avenue 20)

<http://www.breweryartwalk.com/>

Free Parking, great food, local microbrewed beer from the Craftsman Brewery.
<http://www.craftsmanbrewing.com/>

Just around the corner from LA's oldest remaining winery
<http://www.sanantoniowinery.com/>

San Antonio Winery & Restaurant
737 Lamar St
Los Angeles, CA 90031-2514