[Scpg] Fun in the Sun for Mother Earth- Saturday, April 24th Venice, CA Tree Planting with TreePeople

Rachel Dawson radience69 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 14:59:31 PDT 2004

Do you enjoy Venice beach?  The Venice Art Walk?  Well, this is your chance to give back to one of your favorite communities!!!  Join me, TreePeople and lots of Vencie folk at Westminster Elementary Schools TREE PLANTING!

This is the campus on Main Street and Abbott Kinney where many of you may park your cars in the summertime.  We're greening the playground- planting 36 trees and 36 shrubs around the school.  (we've already removed 3000 sq. ft. of asphalt!!!)

DATE~ SATURDAY APRIL 24TH!!!  9:00 a.m

It's fun for the entire family!  BRING YOUR CREATIVE SPIRITS! BRING YOUR DRUMS! PLAY SOME MUSIC!  PLANT SOME TREES!  Help the planters get in the groove.  The school is providing some water and snackies and there will be a picnic style pot luck following the planting.

The festivities begin at 9:00 am and end around 1:00 pm

I hope to see you there! :)~

Rachel

How to Get There:
>From Los Angeles, take the 10 freeway west and exit on 4th Street.  Turn left on 4th Street, right on Pico Boulevard then left on Main Street.  Follow Main Street to Abbot Kinney Boulevard, then turn left.  The school is on the right-hand side. The address is 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice  90291.  Look for the TreePeople sign-in table to register before beginning work.

Questions: Call Rachel Dawson at (818) 623-4843.