[Scpg] Update: Events @ Path to Freedom

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Tue May 11 11:41:36 PDT 2004

Greetings friends!

We had a wonderful turn out for the screening of the End of Suburbia -- little over 50 people attending on Sunday night.

We thank Eric at PeakOilAction.org  for co-sponsoring this event (and Nancy & Sid for bringing along a projector!) and all those who contributed the great food, drinks and donations to help keep our outreach program going.  Also "thank you" to our friend Janice for volunteering (always a great help!).

We hope continue these video screenings here at Path to Freedom (once we buy a projector), so stay tuned!  ~ Anais ~

**********************************************************************************************************************
KNIT & CROCHET OUT
Cast-away!

It's the perfect way to relax in a peaceful garden setting, a chance meet others, practice your technique and skills, share favorite patterns and show off your creations.

If you've made an extra hat, scarf, or sweater you don't need, you can leave them to be donated as gifts to the City of Hope for the cancer patients or Union Station for the homeless.

When:  Thursday, May 13, 6pm - 8pm
Cost:   Free
Bring something to contribute to the potluck!!!

**********************************************************************************************************************
BIODIESEL MIXIN' MIXER
Fuel the revolution

An introduction to biodiesel, SVO, and demo of the DIY water heater processor -- 3 hour presentation given by Jules Dervaes, founder of Path to Freedom.

10 page "Introduction to Biodiesel" available. Event includes a potluck and a video showing of three biodiesel related films. (Fat of the Land, Veggie Van and French Fries to Go!) .

When:  Sunday, May 16, 3pm - 8pm
Cost:   Suggested $5.00 - $10.00 donation
This event includes a potluck so bring healthful food and drink to share!

**********************************************************************************************************************
HOMEBREW BIODIESEL
>From fryer to fuel

Learn the bio-basics: Take part in making a batch of biodiesel from vegetable oil using the fumeless water heater processor.

When:  Sunday, May 23, 2pm - 6pm (or 7pm, depending)
Cost:   $50.00
Please bring along a "bag lunch"

*********************************************************************************************************************

LOOK FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS

* Urban Homesteading
* Build a Cob Oven
* Interdependence Day
* Permaculture Workshop presented by Robina McCurdy, renowned New Zealand permaculturist
* Video screenings

For more information or to make a reservation for these events or workshops please contact:

Path to Freedom
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)
631 Cypress Ave