[Scpg] Path to Freedom Events: Homebrew Biodiesel Workshop & Urban Homesteading

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Mon May 17 12:21:49 PDT 2004

Greetings friends!

We had a wonderful turn out for PTF's third Biodiesel Mixin Mixer!  We thank all those who contributed the great food (what a spread!), drinks and donations to help keep our outreach program going.

The Hombrew Biodiesel Workshop this coming Sunday (May 23rd) is filled..... but there is a chance of one space being available.  If you like to participate in this hands on workshop, then please contact us ASAP.

In addition, for those who wrote asking when we will be having another video screening, we are still searching for a good deal on a projector.    Also, we've been receiving requests to have another Knit & Crochet Out -- dates are in the works so stay tuned!    ~ Anais ~

**********************************************************************************************************************
HOMEBREW BIODIESEL (  FULL )
>From fryer to fuel

Learn the bio-basics

Hands-on, interactive, "how-to" biodiesel class for beginners on making fuel from restaurant "waste" oil.  At this workshop, you'll be involved in the nitty-gritty details of home-brewing biodiesel and get to make a full scale batch of fuel in a fumeless processor.

When:  Sunday, May 23, 2pm - 6pm (or 7pm, depending)
Cost:   $50.00
+ Fee includes Maria Alovert's: Homebrewers Guide Luddite Tech Zine ($7.00)

+ Safety goggles, gloves and masks will be provided.  Please bring any other safety equipment you may be more comfortable with, such as plastic aprons and sleeve protectors, etc.  Wearing old clothes is strongly recommended.  Bring a "bag lunch" and remember notepads and pens for note taking!

*********************************************************************************************************************
URBAN HOMESTEADING
Living a sustainable life in the city

See ecology in action - from permaculture and citified farm animals, to solar cooking and homebrewed biodiesel.   Workshop will include a slideshow, Q&A session, and the BIG tour of our small city lot
(1/5 acre).  Feel the power of one ton of food growing in the summer in the city and know that you, too, can create change wherever you live.

When:  Sunday, June 6, 3pm - 7pm
Cost:   $25.00
Space is limited to 20-25, please RSVP!

*********************************************************************************************************************

LOOK FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS

* Build a Cob Oven  - to be announced
* Learn to Drop Spindle - to be announced
* Interdependence Day - July 4
* Permaculture Workshop presented by Robina McCurdy, renowned New Zealand permaculturist - Aug 29
* Video screenings - to be announced

For more information or to make a reservation for these events or workshops please contact:

Path to Freedom
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)
631 Cypress Ave