[Scpg] 1st Ecovillage Designers Conference 13-15th November 2004 at Crystal Waters, QLD, Australia

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri May 21 07:53:29 PDT 2004

GEN OCEANIA & ASIA
1st Ecovillage Designers Conference, 13-15th November 2004 at Crystal
Waters, QLD, Australia - an exchange of ideas and experiences. For more
information please contact Val Oliver, Max O Lindegger or Lloyd Williams.
Email: info at ecologicalsolutions.com.au
Web: www.ecologicalsolutions.com.au

1st International
Ecovillage Designers' Conference
at The EcoCentre, Crystal Waters Permaculture Village
November 13-15, 2004

Course Summary

Overview

This 1st International Ecovillage Designers' Conference aims to create an
environment in which ecovillage designers and developers can have an
inspirational exchange of experiences and ideas.  This is an opportunity
for serious practitioners from around the world to share successes and
challenges.

The conference is designed for:
Serious students of ecovillage design and/or development with a good
background in ecovillage issues.
Designers, developers, investors, promoters of ecovillagers.
Ecovillages looking for a boost for the challenges ahead.

We invite you to suggest a presentation.  While we can't pay speakers fees
we will offer $100 discount for every approved presentation.  Provisional
themes include:
Creating legal ownership models for ecovillages;
Glue - what is it?;
What works - job opportunities in rural settings;
Government support for free enterprise ecovillages;
The solar village - a dream?;
Urbanising the ecovillage concept;
Developing for profit - the costing challenge;
Innovation towards green infrastructures;
What does a dark green ecovillage look like?;
Ecovillage governing structures that last;
Encouraging local government to be 'early adopters'

Dates: November 13 - 15, 2004

Cost: The conference fee is $500