[Scpg] 2004 Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards (GEELA)

eric werbalowsky ewerb at ewerb.com
Mon May 24 17:13:06 PDT 2004

love the happy eco pr speak

it still makes me a litte fahklempt

ew

>From: Waste Reduction Awards Program
<wrap at CIWMB.ca.gov>
>Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:52:15 -0700
>
>The California Integrated Waste Management Board's
Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP) urges all
eligible organizations to seek the recognition they
deserve for helping to make California a great place
to live and work.  In addition to applying for the
annual WRAP honors, we encourage our WRAP constituents
to consider pursuing the 2004 Governor's Environmental
and Economic Leadership Awards (GEELA).

>GEELA represents the State's highest and most
prestigious environmental
>honor.  These awards recognize achievements by
individuals, organizations,
>and businesses related to the conservation of
California's precious
>resources, protection and enhancement of our
environment, and the building
>of public-private partnerships.
>
>Competitive GEELA award categories are:
>
>1) Children's Environmental Education
>2) Watershed & Ecosystem Restoration
>3) Sustainable Practices
>4) Environmental-Economic Partnerships
>5) Land Use
>6) Technology Innovation and
>7) Sustainable Facilities.
>
>The 2004 GEELA application can be obtained at the
following link:
><http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Awards/GEELA/>http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Awards/GEELA/

>.
>
>The 2004 GEELA applications must be received by
Monday, August 2,
>2004.  Should you have any questions regarding the
GEELA application,
>please contact the California Environmental
Protection Agency  (Cal/EPA)
>at (916) 322-7649.
>
>Separately, businesses and nonprofits, please
remember to submit your 2004
>WRAP application, downloadable as a Word document, at

><http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/WRAP/>http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/WRAP/
 by
>Wednesday, June 30, 2004 or contact WRAP at ciwmb.ca.gov
for WRAP-related