[Scpg] JUNE 10, Permaculture Mtg/Events Announcements

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed May 26 19:40:40 PDT 2004

Hi Everyone-

The next South Coast Permaculture Video Discussion Group meeting will be on
Thursday. June 10th, at 6:30 pm, in Santa Barbara, CA.

We will have a great opportunity of meeting once again at Betsy Gallery's
house
where past video discussion meetings have been held, and was also the site of
an ongoing workshop series with permaculture teacher and designer Larry
Santoyo.  We can see the evolution of the garden since then and Betsy can also
explain how the workshop series came to be, helping in part to pay for Larry's
design work.  Hopefully she can inspire others to mimic her creative
solution.
We are so lucky to have someone like Larry Santoyo in our region, let's think
of more creative solutions like this to keep him and other teahcer/designers
abundantly working!

Come ready to practice your observation skills, we hope this summer to begin
moving from being mere video viewers to actually putting some of the skills we
have learned to use.   Also proposed is a parallel reading program with Toby
Hemenways Gaia's Garden, road trips to permaculture sites and more.

More information and directions to the meeting will be sent out in June.

Hope to see you then,
Margie Bushman

Other upcoming events, announcements & permaculture courses are listed below
(not necessarily in chronological order):

UPCOMING EVENTS
<<<
May 27, 7pm
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network ECO-Film Night
Presents:The Real Patch Adams
A documentary film by Judith Bourque
Thurs, May 27, 7pm, $3donation
SB Public Main Library, Faulkner Gallery

Patch Adams, physician, clown, & founder of the Gesundheit
Institute(www.patchadams.org), has been putting into practice the idea that
"healing should be a loving human interchange, not a business", for more
than 20
years.

Join us and our co sponsors as we explore the idea of sustainable & caring
health care with this film and two other shorts:

·       The Canadian Single Payer Health System, A Model for Reform
·       Health for All Californians Campaign SB 921

which discuss successful national health care in Canada and what might be
possible for California in the future. For more info: (805) 962-2571, or
sbpcnet at silcom.com, www.sbpermaculture.org .
Santa
Barbara Chpt, 805-682-5183.

<<<
June 4, 7pm - midnight Fundraiser benefit for the Center for Regenerative
Agriculture's "Trees for School Kids" program, at 6042 Reeves Road, Ojai.
Dance
to "United By Sound". Please bring a dish to share. Raffle for prizes
including
Patagonia clothing. $5 suggested donation.  If you cannot attend, please
consider sending a small donation to the Trees for School Kids program at the
address below.
One hundred percent of your donation will go toward helping school
kids throughout Ventura County plant trees at their schools.For more info,
please go to www.ojaicra.org

<<<
ONE Day Cob Workshops Santa Barbara County
www.islandseed.com/scpg.html#Cob_Cottage_Workshops
May 29 - Building a childs playhouse (cordwood and cob), June 12 - Building
and
outdoor fireplace, June 26 - Sculpting a bread oven / bench, July 10 - Get
plastered! Outdoor Earthen plasters to finish off projects. One day class is
$125. Includes lunch. 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. Discounts given for paying cash and
enrolling in all 6 classes. Barters are considered. (805) 737-9586. or Betty
at(805) 698-3840.

<<<
July 17 & 18, Meet CEO of the Permaculture Credit Union, Don Sarich, visiting
Southern California, (www.pcuonline.org)
Tentative Schedule Sat July 17, 10 am LA Ecovillage; Sat July 17 5pm Farmer &
The Cook restaurant, Meiners Oaks (near Ojai)talk and dinner(tentative);
Sunday, July 18, 1pm talk at the Townley Room (downstairs) at the SB Public
Library;
Sun July 18, 6pm LA location to be announced; for more info contact
sbpcnet at silcom.com

<<<
Aug 2004, Permaculture Workshops and Slide Shows in Southern California
Robina McCurdy Planetary Permaculture Teacher of the Institute of Earthcare
Education from Aotearoa, New Zealand
Sat Aug 21 evening 7pm Slide Show and talk on in San Luis Obispo Ca
(tentative)
Sun Aug 22 Workshop 9 or 10 am to 4pm Permaculture for Teachers (Children and
Permaculture)
Monday Aug 23 evening 7pm Santa Barbara Slide Show Faulkner Gallery(confirmed)
Tues Evening 7pm Ojai Slide Show and talk (at 5pm special dinner at Farmer and
Cook Restaurant near Ojai)
Contact Margie Bushman sbpcnet at silcom 805-962-2571 www.sbpermaculture.org

<<<

June 1-30, 2004Summer Session desire & design Gesundheit! Institute,
Hillsboro, West Virginia, Tuition is $1,000
Composition, cybernetics, clowning and permaculture The School for Designing a
Society
Rather than orienting participants to find a comfy spot in the current social
system, the School offers time, ambiance, tools, and company in  which people
can imagine and design a system they would prefer. Susan Parenti,Rob
Scott,Andrew Faust,Jeff Glassman,Patch Adams and Judy Wicks:
School for Designing A Society go to www.designingsociety.com, Gesundheit!
Institute go to www.patchadams.org, info  contact Andy: (304) 653-4338,
android at patchadams.org

<<
June 2-18, 2004 CommonVision Mobile Permaculture Course Santa Cruz to Santa
Barbara
$800-1000 sliding scale, Common Vision’s Mobile Resource Center (MRC)- a
school
bus converted to run on vegetable oil, with a library, solar electricity, a
greenhouse for sprouting, drying racks for herbal medicines, a kitchen,
sleeping accommodations for 12.
Contact jodi at commonvision.org www.commonvision.org
<<
June 19– Hubbell Homes Tour, San Diego County.CA 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
For the first time, six owners of Hubbell-designed homes are inviting the
public to enjoy the beauty and artistry of their one-of-a-kind residences
during a one-day fundraising event $40/person and $25/student 16 and under are
free
Purchase tickets or to volunteer see the website www.hubbellandhubbell.com.
619.819.0250 hubbellopenhouse at yahoo.com.
<<
June 17-July 1, 2004 Permaculture Design Course/Maui, Hawaii June 17-July 1,
2004
Marian Scott is a woman of great wisdom, an elder among us, who in the early
1980's, studied with Bill Mollison, the originator of the concept of
permaculture. Marian began her own teaching and Permaculture design career in
1982. She currently lives on Maui where she has a suburban, drylands
Permaculture
$ 950 tuition for 14 day training $1,950 includes tuition plus food & lodging
For further information and to register, please contact: Saharah at Kolealea
Retreat Center (808) 572-0085 (888) 248-7017 (toll free)
<<

July 10 -31, 2004 Three Week Permaculture & Sustainable Living Design Course
Orcas Island, WA
Fee: $1450 ($1350 if paid by June 1st) Bullock Brothers
http://www.permacultureportal.com
Samuel Bullock PO Box 107 Dear Harbor, WA 98243 USA bullock_orcas at hotmail.com
(360) 376-2773

<<
July 17 - August 1, 2004 Permaculture Design Course
Green Oaks Farm in Pescadero, Calif.
Instructor Team: Penny Livingston-Stark, Weston Miller, Brock Dolman, James
Stark, and many local instructors.
Tuition:$950 tuition includes course instruction, divinely catered ,meals, and
camping.
Contact (831) 840-6045. www.permacultureinstitute.com

<<
July 30 -Aug 6, 2004 Permaculture Teacher Training Course,
Heal the World by Teaching Permaculture, Sonoma County, Calif
Ocean Song Farm & Wilderness Center, CA (www.oceansong.org) $715.-$915.
(sliding
scale) , Michael Kramer and Chris Peck
Call Kat Steele to register at 510-547-7889
http://urbanpermacultureguild.org/pcttOSInfosheetOS2004.html

<<
7th International Permaculture Conference/Convergence 2005 Slovenia in 2005..
PERMACULTURE INSTITUTE of EUROPE Istedgade 79 - 1650 København V - Denmark
Tlf: +45 3331 5694 - Fax: +45 3325 7179 - Email: vestergror at dk-online.dk
www.Permaculture-Europe.org - www.IPC7.org
PS IF you want to get the First Newsletter on the Convergence by mail contact
lakinroe at silcom.com

<<
-end-

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous

sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org