[Scpg] JUNE 10 Directions to Permaculture Mtg in Santa Barbara

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Jun 6 23:45:48 PDT 2004

Hi Everyone-

Here are the directions and meeting agenda for the June 10 South Coast
Video Discussion Mtg.  The tour of the site begins at 6:30 pm, so please
arrive on time if you are interested in seeing the garden.  Our hostess
Betsy Gallery will be providing drinks for the group, what interesting
snacks or food from our gardens can we bring along and share with
her?  Last meeting, Akiva brought seeds and plants to share, even auctioned
off a plant, with the proceeds going to help support the Guild.  Thanks Akiva!

Meeting Schedule:
     * 6:30-7pm Gathering, snacks, tour of garden
     * 7-7:15 Announcements
     * 7:15-7:30 Show & Tell
     * 7:30- 8:45 Video "Permaculture in the Austrian Alps", Discussion

Directions:
 >From the 101 Freeway, take the Garden Street exit, turning right if
coming from the South, left if coming from the North.  Drive under the
freeway overpass to second light at Haley Street. Make a right onto Haley
follow until you reach Milpas Street, make a left on Milpas, and then a
right on Ortega Street.  Go approx. two and a half blocks towards the
Riviera & foothills. House color is grey, and is located on the left hand
side of the street, 1125 E. Ortega St.

See you there!

<<<
You may be a Permanerd if...

...you analyze the on-site flows of every place you go
...you conducted a zonal analysis to place the furniture in your home
...you always do three things at a time
...you sit in a hammock observing for a year before you make any decision
...you find yourself discussing the finer differences between Mollisonian,
Holmgrenian, and Bellian theory
...you can gather your herbs without getting your slippers wet
...you're still planning to get your Ph. D. in Louisiana
...you spent your last vacation digging ponds
...all you're money is in the PCU
...you care for the earth, care for people, and reinvest the surplus
...you list your occupation as "applied pattern recognition"
...you always start at the doorstep
...you've phased out zone 1 so you can devote more time to foraging
...you document all your projects for your Degree
...you're always ready for a talent show
...your garden runs itself
...you ARE zone zero
...you see swales everywhere
...you sheetmulch your dead pets
...you believe more than half of _Travels_in_Dreams_!
...you pay to work on other people's land
...you throw seedballs
...You see cardboard as a ground cover.
...You see old televisions as potential natural building materials
...You expect a date to meet at least three functions
...you will only eat free-range vegetables
...you left your last relationship because they till
...you've actually read the Designer's Manual
...you don't have a slug problem or a duck deficiency
...you went home and gardened

Jordan Fink Copyleft 2002 please share!

<<<
Event Announcement:

Mission Creek Restoration Workshop
Saturday, June 12
Guest Speaker, Owen Dell

10 am to 3pm
Cost: $10, includes lunch
SB Museum of Natural History, Farrand Room

RSVP by June 7, (805) 963-0583, ext.111, or jillkomoto at cecmail.org
Organized by Community Environmental Council
(www.CommunityEnvironmentalCouncil.org/WaterPrograms)
Sponsored by Mission Creek Restoration Partnership, SB Museum of Natural
History, SB Botanic Garden, & Wendy P. McCaw Fdn

Restore your creekside property along Mission Creek

Learn how you can:
    * Convert non-native plants to natives
    * Use natural techniques to stabilize your strambank
    * Eliminate water runoff form your property

July 17 & 18, Meet CEO of the Permaculture Credit Union, Don Sarich,
visiting Southern California, (www.pcuonline.org)
Schedule:
Sat July 17, 10 am/ LA Ecovillage
Sat July 17 5pm/ Farmer & The Cook restaurant, Meiners Oaks (near Ojai)talk
and dinner
Sunday, July 18, 1pm talk at the Townley Room (downstairs) at the SB Public
Library, downtown SB
Sun July 18, 6pm Pathways to Freedom ( www.pathwaystofreedom.com) Pasadena
for more info contact sbpcnet at silcom.com

<<<
-end-

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order
to grow." - Anonymous