[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} - Latest Events/ Happenings

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Wed Jun 9 21:34:59 PDT 2004

Greetings friends!

We've had major computer problems since the start of June and weren't able to send out updates on upcoming events here at Path to Freedom nor have we had a chance to answer the many emails that have been coming in.  In our "Inbox" we have over 75 unanswered emails and we apologize for the inconvience, we hope to answer them as soon as we can.  Thank you for your understanding and patience.

For those of you who missed the Open Homestead Tour on Sunday June 6th, you can fill out a tour reservation form at www.pathtofreedom.com/tourform.htm and we will let you know when the next available tour date is.

Path to Freedom will be having a Cob Oven Workshop and would like to gauge the interest before finalizing the date.  If you would like to attend or are thinking of attending please contact us.

In addition, Learning How to Spin Using a Drop Spindle workshop is planned. Any interest?

Furthermore, how many of you would be interested in attending renown New Zealand permaculturist and educator Robina McCurdy workshop & slideshow in late August -- again please let us know.  This will help us determine if more, or any, publicity is needed for these events or if some of these workshop need to rescheduled due to our not being able to get the word out these last few days.

For those of you who expressed interest in attending future homebrew biodiesel workshops, we hope to schedule one in late summer or early fall after all summer homesteading projects and plantings are completed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Thank you in advance for your participation.  ~ Anais ~

*********************************************************************************************************************
FOOD SUMMIT
Taking Back the Food System: Organizing for Food Justice in California
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles
Co-hosted by the California Food and Justice Coalition & Community Food Security Coalition

Path to Freedom will have a display table at USC for the two day food summit

When:  Thursday, June, 10, 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
            Friday, June, 10, 7:30 am - 6:30 pm
http://foodsecurity.org/california/cfjc_summit2004.html

*********************************************************************************************************************
KNIT-TOGETHER (and crochet too!)
Cast-away with us
Please RSVP

It's the perfect way to relax, meet others, practice your technique and skills, share favorite patterns and show off your creations.

If you've made an extra hat, scarf, or sweater you don't need, you can leave them to be donated as gifts to the City of Hope for the cancer patients or Union Station for the homeless!

When:  Wednesday, June, 16, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost:   Free -- But please bring some healhty snacks and juice to contribute to the munchies table.

*********************************************************************************************************************

LOOK FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS

* Learn to Drop Spindle - to be announced
* Interdependence Day - July 4
* Build a Cob Oven  - to be announced
* Biodiesel Mixin' Mixer - to be announced
* Permaculture Workshop presented by Robina McCurdy, renown New Zealand permaculturist - Aug 29
* Video screenings (End of Suburbia and more) - to be announced
* Brewin' Biodiesel  - to be announced

For more information or to make a reservation for these events or workshops please contact:

Path to Freedom
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)
631 Cypress Ave