[Scpg] Natural Dryland Edible Gardening Workshop Details

Benjamin benonthenet at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 09:25:59 PDT 2004

Natural Dryland Edible Gardening

This two part workshop series will equip gardeners and would-be
gardeners with the knowledge to reap a bounty of food with southern
California rainfall and very little on-going work.

PART ONE of the series will cover these topics:

1. Planting With Nature
2. How to Get Produce from the Space You Have
3. Building Soil Nature's Way
4, Planting Methods
5. Plants for an Arid Vegetable & Fruit Garden

During Part One, we will observe several gardens including a nearby
edible asian forest garden. Participants will also make seedballs to
take home.

PART TWO of the series will cover:

1. Simple Rainwater Catchment & Mosquito Abatement
2. Integrated Pest Management (taught by a California Certified Nursery
Professional TM)
3. Crop Storage

During Part Two, participants will create a small rainwater catchment
system and explore methods of dehydrating food.

This hands-on workshop is unique. It takes permaculture gardening to a
higher level. By following the principles and methods we will explore,
you will create a self-sustaining food system using no outside inputs.

---------------------
Dates: Workshop One - Saturday, July 10, 2004
       Workshop Two - Saturday, July 24, 2004

Time: 9:00 am - noon (Lunch will be provided from noon to 1pm.

Cost: $40.00 (if paid by June 30), $45.00 (if paid after June 30)

RSVP by email (benonthenet at yahoo.com).

Space is limited to 10 per workshop. If more people RSVP, a second
group will be run cuncurrently.

If you are interesting in learing about natural dryland edible
gardening, but are unable to participate in the workshop at this time,
let me know and I'll inform you of future dates. Workshops will be
offered until the beginning of the rainy season.