[Scpg] Hubbell Events Reminder - Home Tour this Saturday / Radio and TV appearances

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jun 16 20:26:43 PDT 2004

This is a reminder of the Hubbell Homes Tour happening this Saturday June 19&

What:                     Self-guided tours of six Hubbell-inspired homes
are open to the public between 10am-5pm.

Where:                  San Diego County&La Jolla, Jamul, Alpine, Julian,
Escondido

Cost:                      Tickets $40/adults, $25/students and age 16 and
under free

Please purchase tickets at each of the home sites.  Print a map of the home
locations from the website
<http://www.hubbellandhubbell.com/>www.hubbellandhubbell<http://www.hubbellandhubbell.com/>.com

**See and hear us in the news today and Friday!

Radio:                    KPBS  89.5 FM The Lounge with Dirk Sutro

                                 Wednesday June 16, 2004 at 6:00pm

                                 Interview with James & Drew Hubbell

TV:                         KFMB    Ch.8 News

                                 Friday June 17, 2004 in the afternoon

                                 Interview with James & Drew Hubbell at the
home sites

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&..

"This weekend I drove through the San Diego backcountry to visit the
homeowners in preparation for the Hubbell Homes Tour.  I was reminded again
of the reward this event will bring to those of you who make the effort to
join us on Saturday, June 19th.

Aside from the efforts of each family, and the 80-plus volunteers preparing
for your visit; the singular beauty of each site that brought me to tears
and filled my heart...the devastation of the forest was an awesome sight!

The charred land is now touched by green grass and flowers, but its awful
impact must be experienced.

Again I am reminded of Susanne Sklar's powerful words:

Rise with the Firebird

You can bring beauty out of ruin

You can turn pain into joy

You can work magic

You are the bridge between destruction and creation

The gate through which immortal beauty can rise.

Give of your treasure

Paradise can rise out of the ashes!

Please join us this Saturday and be a part of our "Bridge between
destruction and creation."

Take time to experience the "Beauty and the Beast"...the beauty of the
Hubbell-inspired homes and the good people that are making this event
happen; and the beast of the fire's path.

Sue Adams Snyder
On behalf of the Hubbell Phoenix Core Team