[Scpg] At a Natural Building Workshop on June 25, 26, 27th, 2004 Pine Manor, Northern San Diego County

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Jun 25 05:19:23 PDT 2004

Join the fun and learn to how to build with STRAW   BALES

    Straw bale Entrance Wall

        At a Natural Building Workshop on June 25,26,27th, 2004

We will be building an entrance wall for Monte Vista.  This weekend
workshop will begin on Friday night- teaching and slide show.   The "hands
on" part will start on Saturday morning around 8:00 am.   We will build a
30 ' wall.  There will be a tour of the existing structures, all different
examples of natural building.

Pine Manor is a gathering place for psychological and spiritual exploration
and healing.  Nestled amongst the Pines of the Cleveland National Forest,
Pine Manor has a unique Hobbit-like cluster of small earthen buildings that
were built to demonstrate various natural earthen building materials and
possibilities.  This is a good opportunity to learn about various natural
building methods, including Cob, Straw bale, Light Clay and Earth bags.

Instructors:

Michael Muenzer: Munz is a builder with wide breadth of experience.  He
recently spent 3 years working with Cob Works.  He has taught natural
building workshops in Canada and the USA.

Michael Leach:  Michael Patrick is the resident builder and artist

at Pine Manor.  Michael brings his experience as a builder along with his
artist talent into his teaching.

.

Fees:  $215 for weekend including meals-  $180 if paid by June 22th

Day rate:  $50 per day, including lunch

Work exchange:  We can provide a partial work-exchange for those who cannot
afford the price of the retreat.

Please call 909-678-2414  for more information or email us at
catchgw at comcast.net