[Scpg] Natural Dryland Edible Gardening - workshop reminder

Benjamin benonthenet at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 14:04:46 PDT 2004

A reminder about the upcoming workshop...

Natural Dryland Edible Gardening

This two part workshop gives fruit and vegetable gardeners practical
knowledge to grow food without the endless use of irrigation (water
from other ecosystems) and most of the work traditionally associated
with gardening.

PART ONE of the series will include these topics:

1. Planting With Nature
2. Planting with Rain/Heat Cycles
3. How to Get Produce from the Space You Have
4. What to do about weeds
5. Building Soil Nature's Way
6. Planting Methods
7. Plants for an Arid Vegetable & Fruit Garden

During Part One, we will observe several gardens including a nearby
edible Asian forest garden. Participants will also make seedballs to
take home.

PART TWO (bonus material) of the series will cover:

1. Simple Rainwater Catchment & Mosquito Abatement
2. Integrated Pest Management (taught by a California Certified Nursery
Professional TM)
3. Crop Storage

This hands-on workshop is unique. It takes permaculture gardening to a
higher level. By following the principles and methods we will explore,
you will be able create an abundant food garden that works with nature,
uses little or no outside resources, and is easy to maintain.

---------------------
Dates: Workshop One - Saturday, July 10, 2004
       Workshop Two - Saturday, July 24, 2004

Time: 9:00 am - noon (Lunch will be provided from noon to 1pm.)

Location: My home in Long Beach

Cost: $40.00

RSVP by email (benonthenet at yahoo.com). Instructions to send payment and
directions to the house will be emailed in response.

Reservation space is limited.

If you are interested in learning about natural dryland edible
gardening, but are unable to participate in the workshop at this time,
let me know and I'll inform you of future dates. Workshops will be
offered until the beginning of the rainy season.