[Scpg] The Latin American Permaculture Institute ILP Bolivia

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Jul 15 11:06:22 PDT 2004

Dear Wes and Marjorie,

Hope everything is ok with you as it is here at El Poncho Ecocenter.

Yes this is Enrique again.

I wanted to share some news with you.

Our work has been growing fast.

The Latin American Permaculture Institute ILP Bolivia is doing very well
with El Poncho Ecocenter. We offer 2 times a year the 3 month extensive
Permaculture and ecovillage design courses for students from all over the
world. Our extensive courses include 3 study trips to 3 different
ecosystems in Bolivia and loooottttts os practical work so people who join
become good in building technics and other knowledge as solar shower, oven
building, animal and plant care, water treatments and other related topics.
We give the course 2 -3 times a year depending on the number of students
and people who take these courses have the chance to travel while learning,
giving the name ecotourism a new meaning. Ongoing courses starting 1st
March-May31st and September 15th - November 15th. Extra possible course
from May 15th to August 15th.

We also offer ongoing monthly Spanish courses for beginners and
intermediate and intensive 2 week permaculture designers courses as well.

We are starting soon with native dances from the Andes courses as well.

In Mexico, the ILP has already bought a piece of land in order to start
building the second ecocenter and ecovillage in Latin America.

Our ex volunteer groups in Norway have been very active and we have gotten
resources to build a little childrens park and a court for the kids in the
village!!!.

We need desperately that people find about us and we will very thankful if
you include us in your monthly newsletter.

El Poncho is taking up a loan in order to finish the infrastructure for
40-45 people, 13 cabins being finished until December this year, the
pool/water reservoire, the dinning room and vegetarian restaurant...all of
it happenning at once.

We have also gotten our first building contract!!! we are about to build a
little church inside a big hotel in the rainforest of La Paz. Our building
crew has gotten really good at building and I feel enormously proud of it.

As you see, we have been growing silently, but fiercely... hope everything
is going well with you. Our web site:
<http://communities.msn.com/ilppictures>http://communities.msn.com/<http://communities.msn.com/ilppictures>ilppictures

Ahhhh I was forgetting it... we are also selling shares for El Poncho to
like minded people who would like to help us standing on our feet the first
5 years starting next year. We are starting 2 new web sites:
<http://www.Elponcho.com>www.Elponcho<http://www.Elponcho.com>.com   and
<http://www.ilpermacultura.org>www.ilpermacultura<http://www.ilpermacultura.org>.org

Please do not visit el poncho one yet as they raise the price when some
enetrs the site at once.

All the best to you...ahhh i wrote an article for the communities magazine
in the U.S. I hope you like it.

I will also write one about spiritual communities and what we think of them.

All the best to you....hope for a reply

Enrique ILP-Bolivia "Enrique Hidalgo" <ilpermacultura at hotmail.com>