[Scpg] Forestry Management/Permaculture Weekend Gathering - Sept 17-19- Laytonville, CA

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Aug 12 16:19:11 PDT 2004

Forestry Management/Permaculture Weekend Gathering : Free!!
September 17-19th
Laytonville, CA

Permaculture Designer/Educator Kat Steele and Green Builder/Educator Dan
Antonioli will lead community building introduction exercises and set a
permaculture community context for the gathering.

Tim Metz of Restoration Forestry, Inc. in Garberville will come down Saturday
morning and teach for half a day. Tim's good friend and permaculture teacher
Nadine Chapdelaine will also be there. We will work the 10 acre newly
purchased
land, assessing, prepping and clearing.

Arrive Friday evening by 5pm so that we can orient and have dinner together
and
start early Saturday morning.
Bring tents, sleeping bags, etc. bring gloves and work clothes.

We will offer a community-collective food thing - sharing the costs.

There's plenty of poison oak on site so shorts and tevas/sandals won't cut it.
Everyone should bring a set of dedicated work clothes, including long-sleeve
shirts.

Musical instruments, lively positive playful hands-on attitude encouraged.

Laytonville is three hours from SF or the East Bay, especially if you leave
early enough to avoid traffic through the two-lane freeway that runs through
Santa Rosa. The latter can add 30-45 minutes to the drive....or you can zip
through it without gridlock.

Earthdance is happening that weekend too so there is the possibility of
heading
over there for an evening.

Call or email Dan Antonioli for more info and to sign up
dantonioli at earthlink.net , cell (510) 499-2342

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous