[Scpg] judy Sims garden in Monte Vista School in Santa Barbara needs help

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Aug 23 06:33:04 PDT 2004

Hi, Wes!  I'm truly looking forward to tomorrow's permaculture workshop
with Robina at CEC.  I wanted to share with you and others that I have
trememdous need at Monte Vista School for assistance in cleaning out and
preparing beds, weeding, and pruning of garden areas and the native plant
nature trail.  While some summer maintenance took place (mostly my daughter
and her boy friend), I've returned from Oregon and am facing many
challenges far beyond the garden, both at home and school--major
construction work and clean up at both sites, and my classroom is still far
from being ready even at this late date for the opening of school.  If
anyone is interested in supporting the school garden work, I'd gladly meet
at Monte Vista, providing tools, refreshments, etc.--the sooner the better,
as I'll be "up to my ears" trying to move back into my classroom once the
school is finally reopened.  I can be reached at
687-3262.  Thanks!           Judy Sims