[Scpg] Permaculture Events at Path to Freedom this Sunday

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Wed Aug 25 22:23:16 PDT 2004

Greetings!

There are still spaces left for Robina McCurdy's workshop on Sunday (Aug 29) and slideshow that evening (see details below).

PTF HOMESTEAD TOURS
Self-sufficiency in the city

We've had overwhelming requests for tours this month and unfortunately we've had to suspend them due to our busy schedule (going up to Sol Fest in mid August) and backlog of projects here on the homestead that need attention.

If you've expressed interests in taking a tour, please fill out and submit the tour reservation form (www.pathtofreedom.com/tourform.htm), and I will keep you posted on the next available dates.

Thank you for your understanding.

When: TBA  (tours take approx 2 hours)
Cost:   $10 donation

PERMACULTURE WORKSHOP
Presenter: Robina McCurdy of Earthcare Education Aotearoa, New Zealand
When: Sunday August 29 (9am - 4:30pm)
Cost: $65 - $135 income based sliding scale -- includes slideshow entry

DESIGN IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NATURE  - a permaculture workshop ( 9am - 4:30 pm)
Introduction to permaculture design principles, tools and process, and applying these to needs of the land, specifically to identify, enhance and create sacred spaces, restore areas n need of healing and balancing, and to protect and create wildlife habitat.

Food: workshop participants - bring food to share as combine meal for lunch and also for dinner (if staying for slideshow presentation)

PERMACULTURE SLIDESHOW
Presenter: Robina McCurdy of Earthcare Education Aotearoa, New Zealand
When: Sunday August 29 (7pm - 9pm)
Cost: $5 - $12 income based sliding scale -- this evening is free to workshop participants

PERMACULTURE GARDENS AROUND THE PLANET - a slideshow presentation ( 7 pm)
Examples of different environments around the world where dedicated gardeners, using methods appropriate to their conditions, have produces an abundance of organic food, while creating nature havens of beauty and harmony.

Food:  bring snacks or drinks to share.

RSVP  @  www.pathtofreedom.com/outreach

LOOK FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS

* Video screenings (End of Suburbia and more) - to be announced
* Build a Cob Oven presented by Ray Cirino - to be announced
* Brewin' Biodiesel presented by Jules Dervaes  - to be announced

For more information or to make a reservation for these events or workshops please contact:

Path to Freedom
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)
631 Cypress Ave