[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} Event update

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Fri Sep 17 16:59:42 PDT 2004

Latest Update:

KNIT- TOGETHER -  Curator of GardenLAb has advise that the time be adjusted:  So the knit-together (Sept 28) will be held from 5pm -8pm NOT 6pm - 9pm   If you are planning on coming, advisable to bring a sweater/jacket as it can get pretty chilly at the Wind Tunnel.

END OF SUBURBIA - Left out a brief detail in the blurb, sorry!   "Suggested" donation (no one turned away for lack of funds!).

SUPPORT PTF  -  Visit http://pathtofreedom.com/support.shtml

GARDENLAB

Come join us Saturday afternoon at the gardenLAb experiment from 1pm to 8pm.

Members of the Dervaes family will be available to answer questions about gardening, citified animals, biodiesel and more!    Bring a lunch, hang out...   We hope to see you there!

When:  Saturday, September 18th, 1 pm till 8pm
Where:   the gardenLAb experiment
              in the wind tunnel
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
              visit www.gardenlab.org for details on the calendar & the projects
Cost:   FREE

THE END OF SUBURBIA
Oil Depletion and the Collapse of The American Dream
(Duration 78 minutes)

PLEASE RSVP

With brutal honesty and a touch of irony, The End of Suburbia explores the American Way of Life and its prospects as the planet approaches a critical era, as global demand for fossil fuels begins to outstrip supply. World Oil Peak and the inevitable decline of fossil fuels are upon us now, some scientists and policy makers argue in this documentary. The consequences of inaction in the face of this global crisis are enormous.

When:  Sunday, September 19, 6pm - 9pm  (movie starts at 7pm)
Where: PATH TO FREEDOM
Cost:   Suggested donation (no one turned away for lack of funds)
This event includes a potluck so bring healthful food and drink to share!

KNIT-TOGETHER (and crochet too!)
Cast-away with us

Join us at the gardenLAb for our monthly knitting circle gathering...

It's the perfect way to relax, meet others, practice your technique and skills, or share favorite patterns and show off your creations.

Whether you've never knitted or crocheted a stitch before in your life, have done so a long time ago, just learned, or are an expert -- all skill levels are welcome!

When:  Tuesday, September, 28, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: GARDENLAB - Wind Tunnel
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
Cost:   FREE
Please bring some healthy snacks and drinks to contribute to the "munchies table"

SUPPORT PTF

Path to Freedom is a grassroots movement and not recognized as an "official organization." We don't have 501 (c) 3 status, nor do we receive any financial aid through grants (grant-free!).

For four years now, our projects and outreach programs have been funded by our own money that we earn from selling surplus produce from our garden, though a home-based craft business, and from donations received for workshops, tours, and event hosting.

Please take time to visit our new page at http://pathtofreedom.com/support.shtml and view a selection of items we are considering selling to help support our project, cover the fees for hosting this website, and for continuing our outreach program.

Then email us and let us know if you would be interested in purchasing one or more of these promotional items.

Thank you for your input and support.

PATH TO FREEDOM
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)