[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} Fall Seed Swap, KnitTogether, GardenLAB

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Tue Sep 21 13:25:44 PDT 2004

GARDENLAB - Week Three

Come join us Saturday afternoon at the gardenLAb experiment from 1pm to 8pm.

Members of the Dervaes family will be available to answer questions about gardening, citified animals, biodiesel and more!

Scheduled Events

_ 2:00 - 4:00 _ tours _ *los angeles urban ranger* campfire programs and guided hikes (specific topics to be announced). 3pm guided hike with curators fritz haeg and francois perrin.

_ 3:00pm _ presentation _ christopher cornubert : half-pipe: adventures in architecture

_ 4:00pm _ lecture _ ecoartspace lecture/performance series: doug buis

_ 5:00pm _ round table discussion _ 'sustainable transportation' with james rojas

_ 6:00pm _ q and a _ with the makers of * GARDEN TO DELAY THE SUPERSONIC PROGRESSION OF A WARTIME ECOLOGY * at the satellite

_ 7:00pm _ film _ "the end of suburbia:oil depletion and the collapse of the american dream"
 part of the silver lake film festival -- $10 donation requested www.peakoilaction.org / www.endofsuburbia.com

* panel discussion to follow: julian darley (www.postcarbon.org / www.globalpublicmedia.com), mike ruppert (www.fromthewilderness.com)

When:  Saturday, September 25th, 1 pm till 8pm
Where:   the gardenLAb experiment
              in the wind tunnel
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
              visit www.gardenlab.org for details on the calendar & the projects
Cost:   FREE

KNIT-TOGETHER (and crochet too!)
Cast-away with us

Join us at the gardenLAb for our monthly knitting circle gathering...

It's the perfect way to relax, meet others, practice your technique and skills, or share favorite patterns and show off your latest creations.

Whether you've never knitted or crocheted a stitch before in your life, have done so a long time ago, just learned, or are an expert -- all skill levels are welcome!

When:  Tuesday, September, 28, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: GARDENLAB - Wind Tunnel
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
Cost:   FREE
Please bring some healthy snacks and drinks to contribute to the "munchies table"

SEED SWAP
Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders.
~  Henry David Thoreau ~

Join us at the gardenLAb for our Fall Seed Swap.

Bring seeds, envelopes, containers and trade with fellow seed enthusiasts.  To make the trading run smoothly, beforehand make a list of seeds you "HAVE to trade" and of seeds you "WANT".

Participants will be allowed to set up personal displays of their seeds -- "marketplace" version of seed swapping, whereby people negotiate individual, material exchanges with each other.

Even if you don't have seeds, bring along barterable goods to trade instead.

When:  Thursday, Oct, 14, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: GARDENLAB - Wind Tunnel
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
Cost:   FREE  -- Please RSVP
Please bring some healthy snacks and drinks to contribute to the "munchies table"

PATH TO FREEDOM
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)
631 Cypress Ave