[Scpg] Compost toilet workshop Nov.12-14 Lompoc California

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Oct 1 23:35:21 PDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

ELF - Environmental Learning Foundation is pleased to present….

Get Your **it Together – How to Build a Composting Toilet
Friday, November 12, 4 p.m. – Sunday, November 14, 5 p.m.
Rancho La Vina, Lompoc (60 miles north of Santa Barbara, Calif.)

Please join us for a weekend of learning and fun as we build composting
toilets with Joe Jenkins, author of The Humanure Handbook: A Guide to
Composting
Human Manure. Joe’s book was winner of the Independent Publisher 2000
Outstanding Book of the Year Award, deemed "the book most likely to save
the planet!"

"We will be building sawdust toilets and I expect that everyone will take
home their own sawdust toilet (turds not included)," says Joe. "I will also
explain their use, humanure recycling and composting fundamentals." A Humanure
Handbook and a Balance Point book will be included for all participants,
personally signed by the author.

This unique workshop will take place on wild and scenic Rancho La Vina, a
2,800-acre private ranch near Lompoc. The land offers amazing walks through
shady
oak canyons and open grasslands with breathtaking views. The peace and
tranquility here will calm your mind and rejuvenate your soul. We will
spend the
evenings enjoying a campfire, music and drumming.

Price: $275 for adults, $135 for children and youth. Price includes all
instruction, materials, delicious organic meals, car or tent camping and a
free
copy of The Humanure Handbook. Work exchanges may be available, please e-mail
dnblee at aol.com for more info. For those who don’t want to camp, hotels are
available in Lompoc, 15 minutes away.

Registration: Please e-mail dnblee at aol.com for a registration form.
Registration forms and payment need to be received by October 28. Late or
same day
registration: Add $30.00.

For more information on Humanure, go to:
<A HREF="http://www.joseph-jenkins.com/books_humanure.html">Joseph Jenkins
Inc.- The Humanure Handbook</A>
  http://www.joseph-jenkins.com/books_humanure.htmlure.html

To download a recent radio interview with Joe about Humanure, go to:
www.wyep.org/wyep/ram/af011404.ram

The Pittsburgh (PA) Post Gazette recently ran a large article on humanure
composting:
<A HREF="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04248/373164.stm">Backyard Gardener:
Few people attempt this kind…</A>
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04248/373164.stm.

Please pass the word, and see you on Nov. 12th,

--- David

David Lee, Director
ELF - Environmental Learning Foundation
2022 Cliff Dr., #102