[Scpg] may we submit an event announcement?

Kolmi Majumdar kolmi at wyp.org
Wed Oct 6 12:48:20 PDT 2004

Dear Permaculture folks,

I'm with Wilderness Youth Project, a local nonprofit.  I have been on
your SCPG list for a little bit and would like to post an announcement
of a workshop we are hosting called Cultural Mentoring.  The workshop is
not 'permaculture' per se, however as an organization we are designing
our center in the Cuyama area (at Quail Springs Ranch) using
permaculture principles.  Cultural Mentoring and many of our programs
with youth, adults, and families take place at Quail Springs Ranch.  For
us the land, the way we are seeking to feed the land and build community
to better our world for future generations, is integral to everything we
do.  Also, we will be doing some things that are directly permaculture
related next year.likely a cobb building workshop with Yanto, which we
will be sure to let everyone in permaculture community know about when
we have more definite plans.

Anyhow, I believe that SCPG people may be interested in joining us for
Cultural Mentoring or in the least to know of our existence if they may
wish to become involved in some other way.  The info about the workshop
is attached here in a Word Doc for you to look over.  If you think it's
appropriate to post and need the info in a simple text version, please
let me know.  If you want to learn more about our organization, please
check out our website www.wyp.org <http://www.wyp.org/> , and please be
in touch with me by email or any of our staff by phone at 964-8096.

Thank you!

Kolmi Majumdar

Wilderness Youth Project